Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Timeless **Swirlydoos**

Well Hello and happy Tuesday everyone! I actually got 2 layouts and an Arch done yesterday when I was home from work. I will post the other layout in a couple of days.
This layout is from the Feb kit "Things Remembered", from Swirlydoos. I used the sketch that came with the kit for this one. The bottom paper is from G45 and I sanding it to give it a very cool look.
I distressed all of the layers in this layout. You can see the sanded and distressing in this close up. I inked the doily and tucked it under the photo. The black swirls I cut out with my cricut. I made the brown flowers and added pearls to the smaller flowers, which came with the kit.
In this photo you can see some of the stamping that I did behind the embellishments and the hand painted silk flower that I made and tucked in behind the photo mat. I water distressed the two layers of paper behind the photo and used some ink on them to really bring out the creased areas.
I tucked a piece of the inked doily in the top corner and added a flower there. The Dusty Attic key I tried to alter it to make it look rusty. The title piece is from embellishments that came with the kit.
The butterfly I cut out and added some stickles and gems to it, and the DA music notes I inked and added some crackle paint to it.
I also did an Arch for a challenge. I used goodies from the kit for it too and a few from my stash. I will probably add this arch to a layout in the future.

 I picked up the mail on my way home from work today and my Scrapthat Kit is there...yippeee more goodies. Thank you so much for stopping in for a peek. I hope that you all have a fantastic week, be safe and stay warm. Feel free to leave me some scrappy love comments, I love reading them ...take care and happy scrapping J

No comments: