Sunday, September 25, 2011

Girlz

Happy Sunday everyone and welcome to my blog J I got my Scrap That! kit a few days ago and finished up my layouts for reveal day and decided to play along at TCR again this week. I made this layout using the sketch from DA and this week’s palette at The Color Room.  I used a tutorial from Scrapperlicious for inspiration on the Girly Grunge look. You can see her blog here. I used lots of Dusty Attic, some of my dads old piano music for the butterflies and a flower and lots of misting and gesso. The photo is my daughter and sister in law.



There are so many layers of Dusty Attic pieces and mists and gesso this was a super fun layout to make. I distressed the outer edges and added some Prima Metal pieces as well.

All of the papers are from Prima. The butterfly and one flower were made from some old piano music from 1940. It was my dads music and I am lucky to have all of his old music. It is really weird paper too..almost a cross between paper and tissue paper and wax paper. It is so discoloured it is perfect for this. Don’t worry though….I would never destroy my dads music, I am lucky enough to have 2 copies of this one specific book.

A close up of the flower and I tucked in a lace doily that I bought from the thrift store.

I did some lacing on t his layout and got to use a new punch set that I just bought J

Ok well that is it for today. Thanks again for stopping by and I hope that you have a fantastic week. I will be back t his week for my final reveal with Sketchabilities and a new reveal for Stuck on U Sketches.  Feel free to leave me some scrappy love comments, I love reading them ...take care and happy scrapping J

19 comments:

Vicky Alberto said...

A new fave for me!

LISA said...

AHHHHH..Gorgeous Shona!!!

Karen Conner said...

Such a great layout! When using gesso-how long does it take to dry? I've seen alot of people using it.
Really like the misting look.

Cindy Gay said...

Very pretty tones and nice job on the lacing.

Wendy said...

This is so wonderful!! Fabulous design!!

Blossom inch said...

your page is always so details and lovely color indeed! love all those embellishments, metal findings, doily, handmade flowers and the chippie. All are gorgeous Shona!

Ruki said...

wow, this is fantastic!! love the distressing and how you´ve mixed all those pieces together

Lizzyc said...

wow.. this is absolutely fabulous! i love it all.. so many details.. a masterpiece!!

EFI said...

Good morning! Your layout is just gorgeous!!!! Loove it!

reneabouquets said...

Shona this layout is super gorgeous, just had to drop by and take a closer look! Love that split up clock face and with the chicken wire and cogs, it is just jaw dropping! You do amazing work, no wonder you are one of my favorite artists!

Nanne said...

ok lady..You better start spilling the beans on how you come up with this stuff...LOL This is so beyond gorgeous!! luv every detail..
hugs
Nanné

Unknown said...

A great piece of work Shona, your layering is fantastic as are the different colours you used to colour up the edges. Wonderful elements, so much to look at, totally lovely!!

Svetlana Austin said...

I just love your idea with cutting the clock, and splashes of mist at focal points! so beautiful!

Fern said...

All I can say is WOW!!! This is gorgeous!!!! The layers are amazing and I really love the colors!!!! Hugs!!

A SASSY SCRAPPER said...

Shona, Your work is GORGEOUS, and I look forward to following your blog! .....Patty

Unknown said...

WOW this for me so FAV.. so stunning page and details also so stunning!!

hugs carla

Unknown said...

Stunning!!! amazing! I'm running out of words here

misty said...

This is a huge fave for me...I can't even express how much I LOVE this layout!!! This has to be a tcr winner!

Sandi Clarkson said...

Shona, just saw that this got featured tonight at TCR .. you are rocking it, GF! Big congrats!