Saturday, June 18, 2011

Explore **Swirlydoos**

Woo hoo it’s the weekend! I love my weekends and my garden is coming along great now. I just went outside and picked a salad for tonight. Yummy! I whipped up this layout after work yesterday with my June Swirlydoos kit and sketch, and I used this weeks colors from The Color Room. Sometimes a layout just comes together perfectly and so fast, and this was one of them. Mind you I had altered the Dusty Attic frame the night before, but besides that I think it only took me a little over an hour to make. I love this little photo of a friend’s son and thought it was perfect for this layout.

I did lots of distressing on the bottom layers and here you can see the masking that I did under the DA frame. I used moon shadow mists, inks and gesso on the masking. This is only half of the DA frame, I first painted it, than I used some distress stains and inks, micas and crackle accents on it. I then fancied it up with some leaf ribbon and flowers. Pssst don’t loot at the off center masking up top J Hey when there is boo boos embellish more right J

Close up of the flower cluster, I tucked in some hairy ribbon stuff (hehe, I do not know what it is called, it is like wool?) and I tusked in some fabric leaves from Prima.

Just a few more side shots of the masking with gesso and the layers.




Well that is it for today.  That was such a fun layout to make. Any layout with masking is always so much fun.  Did I mention that I was asked to be on another team..he he.. FUN! I am not sure when I can tell though, maybe this week I can spill on it. I hope that you have a fantastic weekend.  Feel free to leave me some scrappy love comments, I love reading them ...take care and happy scrapping J

12 comments:

Luz Maria Bruna said...

Wooow Shona this is absolutely precious and what a great work you made!!!
The photo is to die for,one of my favs of yours my friend!!

Unknown said...

This is so beautiul stunning work and a sweet picture to!
byebye,Lean

Nadia Cannizzo said...

Amazing work! So detailed and gorgeous. PERFECT use of the kit.

Heather Jacob said...

wow !!!!! saw this on the color room .... so rich in beauty and love ... so much to look at, so gorgeous .... I cant stop looking at it .... amazing .... I am a follower now and i'll be back for sure ..hugz x

Judy Beeksma said...

Amazing layout...Lovin it!!!

Dianne H said...

Another stunner Shona. Fancy being able to create an amazing layout in an hour. Congrats on the new team.

Karin said...

Wow, this is just gorgeous, love what you have done with the floweras and ribbons -lovely! =)
Take care =)

Unknown said...

so very amazing very creative gorgeous work !!

hugs and have a very great week
Carla

Unknown said...

That LO is awesome again Shona! Love that vintage feel, the image is gorgeous btw, brilliant colours!

Chrissy said...

So beautiful, Shona. I love the grey flower against the rustic browns and red. Beautiful.

Cindy Gay said...

I love the colors and masking. I'm wondering how you get the heavy embellishments to stick. Please send your snail mail address. I have gathered some chipboard from my stash to send you. Have a good week, Cindy

Svetlana Austin said...

Shona I can't stop looking at this LO! it is really soooo pretty! I love just everything about it, it all goes so well together! I don't scrap in this style but I enjoy looking at your work, it is very beautiful for me!