Sunday, July 10, 2011

art - tag

Happy Sunday everyone!!! There is a birthday challenge going on at Dusty Attic right now. You have to use one or more of the DT tutorials for your project. On this tag I used 3 tutorials from DA.

First I used 2 LaBlanche stamps and stamped on the images. I heat embossed the writing one. I used Distress inks to color in the flower stamp and added some glossy accents to the flowers for dimension. The border chippy is first painted white then I used smooch paints on it and glossy accents. I finished it off with some gems. The title piece is just painted white then inked and I added some stickles to it.


The chippy flowers are first soaked in water than peeled apart. I used a heat gun to roll the petals and set them. I then painted and misted them and put them together with a glue gun and added a gem to the centers. The leaves are painted white then I used some glimmer glaze on them. After they dried I added some gesso to them.


Well I have not made too many tags before but I can say that I LOVE this one. Now what do I do with it? Either I will give it away or add it to a layout, lol

Ok well that is it for today....Thanks again for stopping by and I hope that you have a fantastic weekend.  Feel free to leave me some scrappy love comments, I love reading them ...take care and happy scrapping J

15 comments:

Tina said...

BEAUTIFUL tag, Shona! I love all the added details. In fact...I'll take it:) lol

Dianne H said...

I can see why you love the tag. I love it too. It could be used on the cover of a mini book - its almost too nice to give away.

Unknown said...

Wauw this is so stunning!!!

Anonymous said...

So absolutely gorgeous..!

Stine Ursin said...

This is truly ART Shona. I love it. You should hang it on a wall! Gorgeous work!

Unknown said...

Yes, this is rightly called an ART TAG! Fabulous display of colours and that white embossed text really stands out! Outstanding performance Shona!

Amelia Khalik said...

Beautifully done shona! All those embossing and distressing is done to perfection!!! U'r simply amazing!!! :)))

LISA said...

Gorgeous Shona!!

Perform said...

I love the stamping on this tag! Everything about it is gorgeous!

Nanne said...

oh wow!! that is so elegant.. I luv it!!
hugs
Nanné

Ivana Camdzic said...

Totally and incredibly beautiful! Love the stamping, distressing, flowers...It's all so beautiful! :)

Lisa said...

Gorgeous tag Shona!!! Just beautiful!!!

Unknown said...

wowserus how cool beautiful tag!!Love it

hugs carla

Unknown said...

Gorgeous tag Shona! Beautiful stampwork! Wow!

Unknown said...

This is so very beautiful!