Sunday, December 18, 2011

Snow Babe **TCR**

Happy Sunday everyone! I made this layout a couple of days ago and was surprised how fast it came together. I used this weeks palette 89 at The Color Room and I started with white card stock. I added some stamping first and then got really dirty using some mists and gesso and molding pastes for the bricks and back ground. I then added some corrugated board and lots of Dusty Attic chippys and other goodies. The photo is my niece and her baby…cuties! I do not attempt creating my own background often but I love the way this turned out!


This is a good close up of the brick and misted background. The fence is from Dusty Attic. I first painted it white then added some mists and molding paste on top to look like snow on it.
 
Here is one of the stamped sections with lots of mists and gesso on it. The leaves and snowflakes are also from Dusty Attic.  

Close up of the main flower cluster. I have added gesso to all of the flowers.

Ok well that is it for today. Thanks again for stopping by and I hope that you have a fantastic weekend….Happy Holidays!.  Feel free to leave me some scrappy love comments, I love reading them ...take care and happy scrapping J

12 comments:

Denise said...

Oh wow Shona..this is breathtaking!! I may have to lift this!! Can't stop looking at it..the misting and details are amazing!

Bellaidea said...

This is a stunner!

Linda Pekrul said...

Wow. Gorgeous. Love it all.

scrapscape said...

This iw amazing Perhaps you should look at doing a tutorial on your background!!!
Thanks
Lisa

Lizzyc said...

Greetings Shona, wow.. this is magnificent... i love everything about it.. the colors are divine together, and all the work you have put into the layout really shows.. how beautiful.. and all the best to you and your family for a wonderful Christmas and may 2012 hold much happiness for you... xx thanks for all your inspiration!!

misty said...

Amazing! I knew you did work to the background but didn't expect to find that it all was started on white cardstock! Beautiful!

Unknown said...

Oh this is so beautiful! I love the colors!

Unknown said...

Its a beautiful and amazing page you have created with the palette ..cool work!
byebye,Lean and a lovely christmas!

Unknown said...

How sweet, love that frosty look, fantastic colour combo, and especially love that you made your own background, super duper! Happy Holidays!!

KellyCreates said...

whooooaaaa! That background is spectacular...I'm always astonished by your techniques!

Angelica said...

WOw Shona!!! This is amazing!!! Loving all that texture!! Merry Christmas!!

ingrid said...

wow!!! this is just gorgeous!!! the background looks absolutely amazing! xxx