Saturday, September 22, 2012

Explore **CT Flying Unicorn/TCR**


Hi everyone and welcome to my blog. I am getting a bit behind on my blog posts so here is a quick one. The Flying Unicorn is the sponsor this month at The Color Room. This weeks palette is just gorgeous and I think this photo of my grandson at the beach was just perfect for it. I have used white cardstock as the background and lots of goodies from the Flying Unicorn September kit to finish it off.


Lots of distressing, stitching and mediums on the background. I made the cracked tiles from a tut on Gabby’s blog. The cute little metal pieces are from Fabscraps the chippys are all Dusty attic and available in the Flying Unicornstore. I thought this chippy looked like seaweed.

Love these tiles that I made and they were so so easy too.


Well that is it for today. This palette was so much fun to work with and I hope you give it a try!  Feel free to leave me some scrappy love comments, I love reading them ...take care and happy scrapping J

10 comments:

Keren Tamir said...

love all the mixed media on this layout!! isn't that mask wonderful!!

Anonymous said...

Duuuuuuuuude!
Shona! Oh my goodness...okay first off, I am a big butt (LOL, that is Cody's word of the week so had to say that!)
about coming and visiting everyone lately. sigh.
But trying to make up for it today...
Anyhow your posts are crazy amazing lately...the details and the artistic quality is freaking awesome...
I'm trying really hard not to swear... =)
Oh and love your take on the color challenge. Awesome!

Ok, hope you are having the bestest weekend! ~Leah

Cindy Gay said...

It's very nice Shona!

Sandi Clarkson said...

Seriously artsy and fun! You have such a talent!

Lizzyc said...

This is amazing, really beautiful details..

Unknown said...

I hope I'm not repeating myself here but you really work miracles with different media Shona, your masking is superb as are all the layers!
irascreacorner.blogspot.nl

Di Garling said...

Love your take on this challenge Shona. Just fantastic. I saw this over at TCR. I'm hoping I can find some time to join in. Cheers Di xo

Stephanie Eaken said...

This is gorgeous Shona!! You always amaze me! Luv!

Carole Wright said...

wow I agree, this really is gorjuss. Love all the grunginess. Just wish I could do that!!

Eila Sandberg said...

Really fab take on the palette Shona! always love your background work with expertly applied mediums! xoxo