Tuesday, January 29, 2013

WCYDW at the Flying Unicorn


Hi everyone and welcome to this weeks WCYDW….today I am going to show you a couple of fun and easy ways to alter chipboard pieces.
 
Gelatos Crackle
I have a little Pictorial for you on how to use your Gelatos to make a crackle effect and a quick video on using Stampendous Embossing Enamels on chipboard.

I am using a chipboard piece from Dusty Attic, some cheap Elmers white glue, Gelatos and acrylic paint.

Step One:
Cover your chipboard piece with Gelatos. I have chosen to use two colors.

Step Two:
Mist the chipboard piece with water and blend the two colors with your finger.

Step Three:
Paint on a layer of glue now, not too thick. Now let this dry about 10 maybe 15 minutes. You want it to be tacky for the next step but not dry. Just touch the glue lightly with your finger and see if it is still tacky.

Step Four:
I have used some white dabber paint…just remove the top and dip in your paintbrush. You DO NOT want to do lots of strokes here because the glue is still tacky underneath, so just one stroke if you can.

Step Five:
Let this AIR dry now. If you try to hurry it up it will not crackle as well. This is after 15 minutes.

This is after 30 minutes. Pretty cool hey! I hope you give this a try. It is so easy.


I also have this short video on how I alter chippys with some Stampendous Embossing Enamel.

 
Here is the layout that I have created using these chippys on it.
 


I hope that  you all give these simple and easy chipboard alterations a try. Take care and  happy Scrapping.

 

6 comments:

Miranda Edney said...

Love crackling :) love your work Shona!!!!!

Lizzyc said...

Hi.. I love your altered fence, and beautiful layout!!

Keren Tamir said...

Love the crackle. Wow I love it. Want to try it. What a fantastic LO.

Unknown said...

Fabulous technique, I, too, love the craquelure, so pretty! Two totally gorgeous creations again Shona, such wonderful details!
irascreacorner.blogspot.nl

Unknown said...

What a fun tutorial, Shona!! Love that card and layout, too!!

Linda T said...

Fabulous technique I didn't know u could get a crackle that way