Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Perfect **Shimmerz**


HI everyone... today I am up on the Shimmerz blog with a little Pictorial on how I did my background using some yummy Shimmerz products.

Step 1:

I have distressed a sheet of corrugated board and some paper and glued them together. I then misted with some water and gave it a white wash with some gesso.

Step 2:

I added 2 more pieces of corrugated cardboard and more gesso on it. Use your heat tool to dry.

Step 3:

Use some Shimmerz Spritz Carribean Sunset and cover the gesso areas. I used a pencil to mark where my photo will go.

Step 4:

I have used a paintbrush and some Vibez Before Dawn to make the drips and splats on the page. Don’t be afraid, tip the paper and watch the drips form. Use your heat tool to dry.

Step 5:

Next is some crazy stitching on the background. FUN!

Step 6:

I have some gauz and I have used Shimmerz to color it. Just spray it on, and use your heat tool to dry.

Step 7:

I now have arranged all of the embellishments. Cover the photos with paper towel and mist with the Shimmerz Carribean Sunset all of the flowers and embellishments. This will tie them all in together with the layout and give them all a fabulous shimmer.

This is my finished layout of my grandson..what a cutie pie!!
 
Look at that yummy Shimmer:)
 

 
Drips and Splats are so much fun!

 

Well that is it for today. Don’t forget on your next order to ask for your free bottle of Shimmerz. Just leave a message with any DT member and we can fill you in on the details! There is also a big sale going on right now so hurry and make sure to get in on that.  Swing on by our Facebook page for more inspiration and fun contests going on right now. Take care and happy Scrapping!

13 comments:

Linda T said...

Looks fantastic, and what a cutie

KellyCreates said...

So cool to see how you design your page! Thanks for sharing, Shona :)

Unknown said...

Great tutorial Shona, and what a stunning layout! Just love this xx

Di Garling said...

Fab tutorial Shona, awesome layout. Di xo

Tammy said...

Oh WOW Shona!! This rocks!!! Shimmerz is some luck folks to have ya!! That is stunning girl!

Margaret Mifsud said...

Stunning layout Shona and such a gorgeous photo. Thank you for showing how you did the background. Just might give me the courage to try it myself. ox Marg

Wilma Voermans said...

Love this layout Shona! You did a winderfull background with the shimmerz

Lizzyc said...

This looks amazing! thanks for the step by step.. the end result looks far more detailed, and lvoe the gorgeous photos!!

Unknown said...

Awesome tutorial Shona with a fabulous outcome! Thanks for sharing your little secrets with us ;-)
irascreacorner.blogspot.nl

Rachael Funnell said...

FANTASTIC Tutorial Shona.. & your layout is just GORGEOUS!!!

misty said...

in love with those drips and splats! Gorgeous work!!!

Keren Tamir said...

fabulous tutorial!! it looks amazing!

gracescraps@gmail.com said...

Simply stunning! Love the splashes of yellow! Thanks for the step by step! ~ Blessings, Tracey

http://gracescraps.blogspot.com/