Saturday, January 15, 2011

Big Air

Well I have done a “dude” layout. This is my son getting some big air on his sled. He likes to go a bit extreme. This layout was made for a challenge at Swirlydoos. I had to use an action photo, chipboard and acrylic paint for the layout. I used BoBunny papers and distressed them.

In this close up you can see a Basics swirl that I added. I made my own flowers and I tried to use some grungier colors for them since this is a “dude” layout. Hey who says I cant use flowers everywhere, hehe. I had some old chipboard circles around so I painted them with black acrylic paint then I added some Distress Crackle and liquid pearls to them.

I also painted the chippy letters and added some dyed diamond crystals and gems to them. I painted some swirls with black acrylic and added some pearl smooch and some gems to the swirls.

I stamped on some swirls under the photo and painted them with black acrylic and added the smooth and gems there as well.

I do not do many men layouts, but this was so much fun to make. I think that I might frame this one and give it to my son. He does love his sledding photos. My next layout will have the same twisted flowers on it and a tutuorial to go with it. Thank you so much for stopping in for a peek and I hope that your weekend is awesome! Feel free to leave me some scrappy love comments, I love reading them ...take care and happy scrapping J

No comments: