Friday, January 7, 2011

Wine Country – Swirlydoos Round Robin

I got to go first this month in the Round Robin Challenge at Swirlydoos, so next week the next person gets to do a lift of this layout…FUN! I used my Swirlydoos Basic Grey Curio kit. The photo is my DH when we went on a Wine Tour last year. Such a cool truck and it was basically a flower planter, very cool and such a great time on the tour.
The newsprint fowers are from Recollection Boutique Fleur and I was kinda hoarding them. I added some yellow flowers in with them for color. The leaves are fussing cutting from the curio paper then I used pop ups on them. I did some stamping behind them and added some stickles to the stamped areas. The laced up section, I used a Martha Stewart loopy punch and some My Minds Eye brads. This is the first time that I have done lacing on a layout and it was fun, I can see me using that technique in the future.  I used black cardstock in the background and did some distressing on the top layers.
In this close up you can see the water distressing that I did on the green paper, I used some chalk inks on the distressed areas. The chippy I covered with 2 different Distress inks then added some stickles to it.
Below is another close up of the flowers and leaves. I cut out the butterflies and added some stickles to them and used pop ups on them. The swirl is a Prima Say it with Pearls and Lace.
As a bonus here is another card that I made with my Curio kit. I added some ruffles that came in the kit and made my own swirls. I think I will send this card to my daughter. She was home for Christmas but I miss her already.
Thanks for stopping in for a peek and feel free to leave me some scrappy love comments, I love reading them ...take care and happy scrapping J

1 comment:

Cindy Gay said...

Very neat starting with the photo!