Saturday, January 29, 2011

Precious **TCR#43**

Happy Saturday everyone! It is going by too fast already hehe, but I sure am glad it is here. This layout was done for TCR, the photo is my 2 grandsons kissing the belly of their very pregnant mom, I just love this photo, so precious.  I am in love with the color palette this week at The Color Room, and I have had so much fun playing along since I joined them. You should come on over and play, it makes me think out of my comfort zone and gives me a chance to use up lots of scrappy goodies that I have. I did not really have any stash in this week’s colors, so I created them by inking and making flowers.
I used a sketch by suepup #10211, it’s an amazing sketch, you can see her gallery here. I did my usual distressing and inking on most of the layers. In this close up you can see the punching that I did. I coloured in the flowers on the punch work and added a gem to the centers of them. I added a Prima say it with pearls and on the flower parts I inked them yellow to go with this week’s palette. The butterflies, I printed them out, and added a color stickle around the edges and filled in the center with clear stickles. I added some ZVA gems in the centers of the butterflies. I used a TH stamp under the vine and added gems to it as well.
In this close up you can see the gorgeous Dusty Attic piece…Precious.. I first inked it with white then I inked a turquoise color on the bottom half. I added some ZVA gems to it to finish it off. Now to the vine…..I made the turquoise and yellow flowers in it from my twisted flower tutorial, you can see it on the right side of my blog. I added a couple of cream rosebuds and inked the edges in yellow. The leaves I added some purple ink to and then I added some fuzzy yellow wool to the vine to complete it. I love the fuzzy wool J

In this close up you can see the distressing and inking that I did. I added a piece of lace under the swirl above the photo. Tip…to soften the black I used a white chalk ink and added some gems to it.
As a bonus, this is what I did today. I woke up this morning thinking about these flowers and had to try them out. I love them…I actually made some multi coloured ones as well. You will see them in upcoming layouts and hopefully a tutorial on them soon.


Well this layout was so much fun to make and I am thinking that it might be one of my favourites to date.  Thank you so much for stopping in for a peek. I hope that you all have a fantastic week, be safe and stay warm. Feel free to leave me some scrappy love comments, I love reading them ...take care and happy scrapping J

3 comments:

Sandi Smith said...

Your layouts keep getting prettier and prettier...LOVE it!

Unknown said...

gorgeus! great distressing and the design is stunning!
those red flowers are gorgeus too!

Heather said...

Beautiful page Shona! I so enjoy your photos of your DIL when she was pregnant. They are so precious. The layouts just get prettier and prettier girl! Hugs!