Sunday, January 16, 2011

FAMILY and I’ve Arrived TCR #41

We have gone from snow storms for the past 2 weeks to rain today….what strange weather. The rain stopped long enough for me to get a couple photos of what I have been working on this weekend. This first layout was done for this weeks palette #41 at The Color Room. The colors are beautiful this week, very soft and delicate colors. The photo is my nieces new baby.  I used Nancy O’Dell paper, the hummingbird series…..lovely paper, the whole collection. I did lots and lots of layers and distressed them all.
I made all the flowers on this layout. My Twisted Flower Tutorial, but I made the vine to go with the flowers also. That was fun, my first vine. I watched a tutorial here to get ideas how to make a vine. Thanks Gabby. In this close up you can also see the distressing close up and the punching that I did around the photo. I used chalk inks on both.
I used a My Minds Eye brad in the top left corner and I made the swirls on transparencies and then cut them out for the layout. I printed out the butterflies and cut them out and added some stickles to them.
This next layout is called FAMILY. The photo is my DH’s family. ! I used my Swirlydoos Basic Grey Curio kit. I did a lot of distressing on this layout.

I used some generic flowers, flowers from my Twisted Flower Tutorial and lots of fussy cut out flowers from the kit paper. I added pop ups to the fussy cut ones to make them stick out. The flower tutorial is on a link on the right.
I did some stamping in the corners and under the photo area with a swirl stamp from Tim Holtz. Stamping is becoming a new fav of mine. You can add so much to a stamped area and fill in many void areas as well. You can really see the distressing in this close up. The title box is velum.
You can see more stamping and the butterfly that I cut out and added to the layout in this close up.
Thank you so much for stopping in for a peek. I hope that you all have a fantastic week and that we all get some sunshine this week. Feel free to leave me some scrappy love comments, I love reading them ...take care and happy scrapping J

6 comments:

Vicky Alberto said...

Gorgeous lo's and flowers!

Unknown said...

Stunning!the forst one is gorgeus, the photo is adorable and the flowers so pretty!
and the second one is awesome too, love the cutout an the butterfly!

Unknown said...

Beautiful pages Shona i love your eye for details snd your yummie flowers.
byebye,lean

Bente Fagerberg said...

This looks absolutely awsome Shona! LOVE your blooms! TFs!

Luz Maria Bruna said...

Wooow Shona those layiuts are absolutely FABULOUS!!

Chrissy said...

Beautiful pages! Love those flowers too!