Friday, May 6, 2011

All Aboard **TCR #57, Swirlydoos**

Yippee it’s Friday! I got one of my kits yesterday in the mail, my Timepiece spotlight kit from Swirlydoos. I tore open the box and fell in love with all the goodies in there. And as soon as I saw all the pocket watches on the papers and embellishments I thought about my dad. He was a conductor for the Rail road and always carried a pocket watch for work. The papers matched the palette for this week’s The Color Room #57 and I got right at it, and finished it today after work. The photo is my dad in uniform probably back in the  mid 50s.

I distressed the layers and did a lot of inking and some masking. I used a stamp in the top corner on top of the masking. The punch around the photo is from MS.

I used a Dusty Attic scroll piece on the right side. It was first painted with acrylics then inked and I added some smooch and glossy accents.

I added some clock arms to one of the large clocks on the paper and I love the little pocket watch that I added by the gems.

Below is just a couple more close ups.


Well that is it for today. Thank you so much for stopping in for a peek. I hope that you all have a fantastic weekend. Feel free to leave me some scrappy love comments, I love reading them ...take care and happy scrapping J

6 comments:

Sandi Smith said...

LOVE it...wish I could scrap as fast as you!

Sandi Clarkson said...

This is super yummy. Love the colors .. perfect for that photo of your dad!

Cindy Gay said...

Great heritage page and I love that he was a conductor.

Lizzyc said...

Hi.. this is so special.. i love the use of the clocks.. quite significant.. precious layout of a cherished memory!!

Unknown said...

What a fantastic picture of your dad, love how you used the clocks, they're perfect in this LO!

aina said...

So beautiful! Love that vintage look, and what a precious photo! Wish you a great weekend :-)