Friday, May 27, 2011

Make the Most **Swirlydoos**

Yippee it’s Friday…doing the happy dance here! Ok are you all ready to get  your Glitz on again..well good lets get at it then. I made this layout using May’s Swirlydoos sketch and kit. I am so in love with the Glitz papers and goodies in the kit and I can not wait to get more of them, and more of their other collections as well. I can feel a shopping trip coming on weeeeeeeee J Ok this layout was made for the sketch challenge at Swirlydoos. I did lots of distressing, inking, masking and clusters. The photo is my daughter in law and my grand daughter..such a sweet photo. Oooo I did faux stitching too. I usually do machine stitching but was at the point in the layout it had to be faux. And did I mention that this may look like a simple layout BUT it’s the space that is hard for me. Embrace the Space Shona…that is what I keep telling myself as I sit here and still want to load up this layout with embellishments.

Here in the title section you can see the distressing on the edges and masking under it. I love all my masks.

Here is the faux stitching…looks pretty good hey, lol.  Sorry but the “hey” is the Canadian coming outta me J  I also did some flower fussy cutting in this section and added some flowers and Dusty Attic ferns in the cluster.

Over in the bottom left corner there is lots of layers of DA and paper under the photo, as well as more flowers and masking.


Well that is it for today…I have my Round Robin layout ready to post maybe tomorrow, and my Sketchabilites one ready for Monday. I am off to play with the SOUS now. Thank you so much for stopping in for a peek. I hope that you all have a fantastic weekend, and happy Memorial Day to my US followers. Feel free to leave me some scrappy love comments, I love reading them ...take care and happy scrapping J

5 comments:

Heather said...

Beautiful Shona...the masking just really makes this page fabulous! Another beautiful photo! Great shop...keeping the white space...I know that is a hard one! Hugs!

Sandi Smith said...

Just beautiful Shona and I feel the same as you about embracing that space...very difficult hey!

Nadia Cannizzo said...

this is absolutely stunning..wow! love this.

LISA said...

Gorgeous as always Shona!!

Lea L. said...

This is so gorgeous! I love how you've beautifully clustered all those amazing flowers, and the misting is amazing!! Thanks for playing in the "Get Your Glitz On" Clustering challenge!!