Friday, May 13, 2011

Soul Food **Swirlydoos**

Hi there and welcome to my blog. Well back to rain here in BC, yucks, so after work today I made this layout for a challenge at Swirlydoos. The idea is to take a photo of something in your house and use it as inspiration for the layout. So the photo is of my piano and lookie there is a bottle of wine in the background. So then I poured a glass, set it on the piano and took a shot of it. I love my red wine, I think I got that one thing from my mom J I used my Timepiece spotlight kit and did lots of distressing, stamping, inking, masking and so on.

I used all Petaloo flowers and vines and added a skeleton leaf in the back ground, The title is from Dusty Attic as well as the music notes and the corner swirl.

You can see all the distressing in this close up and some stamping. I tucked in some lacy material in a few spots.

In this close up you can see all the layers and the DA on the bottom.

Well this was a fun challenge and now I have a glass of wine to drink too, yippee. But only one glass allowed I have to work tomorrow, BOO!!! Thank you so much for stopping in for a peek. I hope that you all have a fantastic week. Feel free to leave me some scrappy love comments, I love reading them ...take care and happy scrapping J

2 comments:

Sandi Clarkson said...

Awesome page .. love that topic .. so perfectly immortalized!

Margreet said...

Wow such a stunning layout!! Love everything about it.