Monday, May 23, 2011

It’s a Guy Thing

Hello and welcome to my blog. It is Monday and I have a stat holiday today so yippee I got to finish up a layout that I started yesterday. I made this for the May sketch challenge at Dusty Attic…what a great sketch to work with. I used my Swirlydoos Timepiece collection kit and lots of DA. There is lots of distressing, some stamping and I even used Gabrielle’s Barb wire tutorial and drew on the barb wire. The photo is my two grandsons.

On the top you can see one of the DA cogs and the DA hinge. I covered them with magical micas, mists and then crackle accents.

On the bottom you can see some stamping that I did behind the chicken wire and more goodies. I even used a couple Tim Holtz acrylic frags.


I used the DA clock face with the photo and also used magical micas and mists on it. Here you can see the barb wire that I drew on.

Well that is it for today, I am off outside into my garden to work out there for the day. Thank you so much for stopping in for a peek. I hope that you all have a fantastic week. Feel free to leave me some scrappy love comments, I love reading them ...take care and happy scrapping J

4 comments:

Dianne H said...

Another stunning layout Shona. Love the colours you have used and your handsome grandsons are perfect subjects.

Unknown said...

outstanding layout!! awesome colors and details!

Sandi Clarkson said...

Hi, Shona, What a great guy page! Love that cute pic. And the barb wire looks awesome. Gonna have to pop over to Gabi's and see her tute on that .. have kind of forgotten how she did it. Congrats on the day off.. I am looking forward to having one manana.

Unknown said...

Amazing piece of work again Shona, your choice of papers is awesome and the details superb!