Saturday, March 26, 2016

Inspire - Mixed Media Canvas with Shimmerz

Hello Shimmerz fans! Today I have a canvas to share. It is a very special gift for my son…shhh it’s a surprise! I start my canvas’s by first preparing the background and adding all the pieces with a coat of gesso. Then the Shimmerz fun begins!  


 

 
I added Coloringz in Well Blue Me Down and Truffle Spritz to the background.
 


 
I LOVE the way the colors seep into the cracks and create a beautiful background.
 


 
There are many meanings to the pieces I have used on this canvas….he loves music…a family of 7…5 children…he is a huge inspiration to many..and of course God.
 


 
The chippys are all from Creative Embellishments and I used a few metals, gems and antique hinges and knob.
 
I finished it all off with some Inkling in Spotlight White on the pieces and then splatters of Giddy About Green and Penny For Your Thoughts.
 
On your next Shimmerz order, mention my name (in the notes at checkout) and Stacey will send you a sample for FREE!!!! Swing on by our Facebook page for more inspiration! Take care and happy scrapping!

1 comment:

Pawsitively Creative said...

Oh my goodness gracious! This is beautiful and amazing and fantabulous! I totally adore this design and bet your son will love it! Wowzers! ~Niki