Saturday, October 29, 2011

A Wink & a Smile * TCR *

IF YOU ARE LOOKING FOR THE SCRAP THAT! BLOG HOP GO HERE!

Happy Sunday everyone! It is just a gorgeous Fall day here in BC! The leaves have all turned colors now and it is beautiful…as long as you do not look at the mountains because there is snow on them already EWWWW! <<not a big fan of winter here J
Ok so on with my layout for today…this was made for this weeks reveal at The Color Room. I am loving being invited as a RDA there this month. Everyone is so nice and very helpful there…just a really great bunch of talented women. The photo is two of my grand kids this summer. I did lots of masking with a brick mask, distressed all the layers and used lots of stash flowers. The pink and grey flowers I made. The material I used is hand dyed silk. It is a salt technique that I learned years ago.


In this close up you can see the brick masking and then another gate mask over top of it.

I love the little flower cluster in this corner. There is one of my silk flowers. The leaves are chippys from Dusty Attic and I just colored them to match the palette.

The next two close ups are of the large flower cluster.


Ok well that is it for today. If you want tonnes of inspiration come on by TCR, each week there is a new gorgeous palette to play with. Thanks again for stopping by and I hope that you have a fantastic week.  Feel free to leave me some scrappy love comments, I love reading them ...take care and happy scrapping J

14 comments:

Bellaidea said...

Beautiful layout! I love every single detail there.
Thank you also for your visit and nice comments about my layouts, have a great weekend!

Unknown said...

So many cool details on the beautiful page!
byebye,Lean

Unknown said...

Good of you to take a black and white picture, makes both the picture and the beautiful embellishments around it stand out remarkably! Your flower arrangement is absolutely superb, give me flowers anytime! Have a great Sunday, Ira

Amelia Khalik said...

Omg!!! Drop dead gorgeous!!! Amazing details and love2 this week color palette! Totally awesome!!! :))))

EFI said...

Gorgeous layout Shonna with so many beautiful embellishments!!! And so different techniques! Wooow!!! Enjoy your Sunday!!!

reneabouquets said...

O.K. Shona, I am sitting here oooohing and aaaaahing over every little detail! So fabulous and I love that gorgeous floral piece you did in the corner with the gate masking! Sigh, I must leave now-lol!

Ava Gavloski said...

Shona, beautiful layout. I think i need one of those brick wall masks!!!! smile
ava

Lizzyc said...

wow. such a pretty palette to work with, and this layout is stunning.. really beautiful..

Blossom inch said...

Shona, this is truly an amazingly beautiful page done by you as always....loads of beautiful embellishments used, techniques, dimensions and of course precious pic.

Jeni O'Connor said...

I saw this in TCR newsletter and thought how awesome it is. Shona this is my absolutely fav los of yours. I just love all the textures and techniques. You have done a beautiful job with the pallette and created a stunning page.
Jx

Ruki said...

wow, this is stunning! love the masking and the gorgeus blooms!

Unknown said...

Hey dear friend
I am so glad that I can come back to your blog I was for a time what depressed.. but fortunately, I feel a lot better.
wow so stunning wat you have love it so much all your work!!

thank you for the inspire

hugs carla

Lisa said...

Oh I just love the colors in this gorgeous layout!!! Everything is just perfect!!!

langeatheart said...

Love this stunning layout and I thank-you for the advice given via Vicky I can post comments you were right!