Thursday, February 16, 2012

Brothers

TGIF! Yippee it is Friday…and today is another reveal day at Stuck on U Sketches and the gorgeous sketch is by our own fabulous Leah. I have used papers from Riddersholm, you can get them at the Flying Unicorn store.  I have done lots of distressing, inking and misting on this layout. The cutie pies are three of my grandsons. I turned the sketch sideways to work with.


Here you can see the deep distressing and inked edges. I used the papers and made a little banner for the top corner and added some liquid pearls and flowers.

I misted the paper doily’s a light mocha color and added some crinkle seam binding with a vintage button. I then tucked in a crocheted doily.

I used my Martha S. punched to make the center white piece behind the photo and some matching butterflies.

Well that is it for today, but I am sure I will be back again this weekend sometime! I hope that you all have a fantastic weekend! Feel free to leave me some scrappy love comments, I love reading them ...take care and happy scrapping J

17 comments:

Sarah-R said...

This is gorgeous Shona! And I LOVE that banner!

Blossom inch said...

this is truly amazing page, love the shabby chic and vintagey look of it and it is absolutely beautiful!

Unknown said...

Sweet page lovely colors and layers but the sweetest is the picture.
byebye,Lean

Sandi Smith said...

Wow...you have truly outdone yourself once again!Love the colors and your gorgeous banner

Unknown said...

G-O-R-G-E-O-U-S!! Oh my! So beautiful

Vicky Alberto said...

amazing texture and that pop of teal is beautiful

Sandi Clarkson said...

Such a gorgeous page! Love the colors .. just yummy!

Cindy Gay said...

Oh I love the brown tones in this one. Glad you showed the details in the close up photos. Great gkids!

Lizzyc said...

this looks amazing.. you do such wonderful distressing and misting you make it all look so old!! your layouts are timeless and beautiful!!

KellyCreates said...

Awwww...such a sweet sweet photo! Beautifully scrapped, Shona! Gorgeous distressing and inking...and that banner is WONDERFUL!

ingrid said...

love the colors and that banner!!! GORGEOUS page!!!! great little touches of teal!
xxx

Fern said...

Shona, this is gorgeous!!!! Your distressed edges are absolutely amazing and I love the colors!!! Have a wonderful weekend!!! Hugs!!

Andrea Amu said...

Such stunning details and richness here, Shona! I adore this page!

Unknown said...

Oh, the brothers look so sweet together, as does your LO, love your distressed edges and again your colour combo does it for me!

Anonymous said...

Ok, so I am commenting here though I for sure got to
look around and oh my, oh my!
I"m in LOVE! Your style is so full of detailed goodness
and rich color...I could spend forever on each photo!

HUGS Shona!

Nanne said...

I agree with everything Leah just said..LOL Loving the distressed edges and I just can't get over all of the little details you added.. Gorgeous as always and can't wait to see more :)
hugs
Nanné

Unknown said...

This is very awesome design !!!!