Hi everyone and happy What Can You Do Wednesday from the Flying Unicorn…Today I am going to share a tag that has a mixed media background. I will show you step by step my process.
- I have used a Prima Tag and some left over Vintage Vanity papers from the Jan Kit.
- Tear some strips and add to the tag.
- now use an old credit card and cover the entire card with gesso. The strips have started to create your background and by using gesso you now can get some cool effects with mists, paints etc. Heat set.
- Add some stamping and with a baby wipe dab on some gesso to soften the stamping.
- Add a few more strips of torn paper and dab with gesso. Heat set.
- Add some Shimmerz Seafoam Spritz for color and use that baby wipe to dab and blend in the color.
- I now add some drips and splats with a paint brush and some Shimmerz Hot Fudge Vibez mist. Heat set.
- A bit of masking always looks nice…I have used some 13 Arts molding paste and some Shimmerz Patina Texturez.
- Do a bit of stamping with some drywall tape and gesso than add that drywall tape to your layout.
- A few more drips. Heat set.
- Now pick out your embellishments and add to your tag.
Here is the finished tag all ready to be added to a little gift for someone special.