Friday, December 17, 2010

The Most Important Things in Life are Not Things

I thought that I needed a bit of a change from Christmas layouts so I picked this wonderful photo of my son and grand daughter walking peacefully into the endless sky in Saskatchewan. I used cardstock, some Pink Paisley paper, velum for the fans and the main paper is from Prima, the Fairy Florra Collection.

Below are the flowers that I made for this layout, a great tutorial from Swirlydoos, here is the link to the flowers  You can also see all the distressing and inking that I have done on this layout.

Below is another close up of the flowers and fans that I made.

I used a Prima Stencil and distressing ink on the top of the paper and the chippy I colored with distressing ink and distressing stickles.

As always thank you so much for visiting my blog and I hope that everyone has a great Christmas Season and stays safe and warm. Feel free to leave some scrappy love comments, I love reading them ...take care and happy scrapping J

3 comments:

L. Akins said...

I have truly loved your last few layouts. I haven't been a follower of your blog long. But your work makes me want to become a subscriber of a swirlydoos kit. Have a Merry Christmas!

LISA said...

Shona, this lo is really beautiful and the photo is just darling!! Your flowers are awesome, and the fans add a wonderful touch!! Love love the colors!! Thanks for linking the flowers!!

Maggi said...

Gorgeous LO Shona and your flowers look AWESOME!!