Monday, December 20, 2010

Merry Christmas Everyone

WOW Christmas is only 5 days away now…and I am pretty much totally ready for it. This is a photo of my dad last Christmas, he  loved Christmas and was always so generous. I made this layout for a challenge at Swirlydoos.  I used the IOD Night Divine papers and used a lot of layers. I did some machine stitching around the bottom layer.
Below is a close up of the water distressing. I am having so much fun doing that. I made the winter roses myself and used Bobunny trim. I did a lot of inking and chalking on the distressing as well.
In the close up below you can see the water distressed flowers that I made and the butterflies that I cut from Prima packaging and just added stickles to them. In the area that is torn the is a large acrylic gem, it is hard to see in this photo though. I added some tulle and My Minds Eye brads also.
In the photo below is another close up of my water distressed flowers, and I used a Dusty Attic chippy that I painted and added some distressed stickles to. There is another gem stick pin in the top corner.
Thank you so much for stopping by for a peek. I hope that each and every one of you have a fantastic Christmas and please stay safe and warm. Feel free to leave some scrappy love comments, I love reading them ...take care and happy scrapping J

1 comment:

Unknown said...

lovely page you made again with stunning flowers.
have a merry christmas to byebye,Lean