Friday, December 3, 2010

The Most Wonderful Time of the Year

Got my Swirlydoos Divine Noel Kit this week and it co ordinates with my Scrap That kit as well,  so I have been a scrapping maniac! Hehe….FUN….this is my first layout from the kit, which by the way is beyond gorgeous.
I made this layout for the Divine Noel sketch challenge, and I was a bit worried at first but love how it turned out. The 3 photos are my grandkids two Christmas’s ago. My grand daughter had just gone through a huge deal in BC Children’s Hospital. She had stopped breathing and my poor son had to learn CPR over the phone with the 911 operators. Thankfully he did what he had to do. She continued to have the problem for them next couple of months and after time at Children’s she was able to come home for Christmas. At that point she was just an Angel to us all, and is the biggest daddy’s girl you will ever see. Hehe.
I used IOD Night Devine papers and cardstock. I did a lot of sewing around the outside of the layout as well as used some chalking. The vine is from Petaloo Floral.

I made the winter roses myself, a great tutorial at http://simplypaperandcreativity.blogspot.com/ and added some color to the prima say it with pearl swirls. The trees I distressed and added some Kaisercraft Rhinestones and stickles to them.
Thanks for stopping in to take a peek. I hope that you all have a great weekend. I am decorating my house this weekend hopefully. Cant wait, it always really gets me into the spirit then.  Feel free to leave some scrappy love comments, I love reading them ...take care and happy scrapping J

3 comments:

Heather said...

Shona...Your layout is FAB! Your Winter roses turned out Excellent! I love all the sparkles...just beautiful! You are so brave...using your sewing machine...mine doesn't like me...lol.

jannekevanveen said...

wouw it's so beautiful great details

Unknown said...

wauw beautiful work and what a story behind this page ..thanks for sharing and she is a lucky ...ANGEL your granddaughter.
have a nice weekend bye bye,Lean