Saturday, March 12, 2011

birthday boy

Happy Saturday everyone and welcome to my blog. I got up bright and early this morning and finished one layout that I had almost done, and started on a new one. This layout was made with my Scrapthat Secret Garden kit, the title is “birthday boy”. The photo is my grandsons 1st birthday, he is sooooo cute and not camera shy at all, he loves to ham it up for the camera! I distressed all the layers, did some sewing, and the squares all have masking and inking in them.
In this close up you can see the stitching and all the fussy cutting that I did. I added some Prima flowers in with the fussy cut ones.
I did some masking with Distress inks in the squares, distressed them and inked the edges. I used 2 colors of smootch to make some pearly swirls on the masked areas.
Love this G45 paper for fussy cutting, so many cute things to cut out.
Well that is it for today. Today I am working on a layout for a Swirlydoos challenge. I have to make all my own embellishments for that challenge. Thank you so much for stopping in for a peek. I hope that you all have a fantastic weekend, be safe and stay warm. Feel free to leave me some scrappy love comments, I love reading them ...take care and happy scrapping J

8 comments:

Unknown said...

sweet page lovely pictures and i see you have lots of fun with your kit/
byebye,lean

Sandi Smith said...

Another gorgeous layout...don't you ever lose your mojo???

Sue Sykes said...

Such sweet photos! And another beautiful layout!

Cindy Gay said...

Great color combo, inking and stitching.

Luz Maria Bruna said...

What a precious layout my friend.Love the masking you made!!

Margreet said...

I really love this lay-out, I think because of the colors!!

Vicky Alberto said...

fabulous sketch use, soooo cute

Heather said...

Beautiful Layout Shona...and love the kits you are getting! Love your stitching and fussy cutting. You have the best photos! Hugs!