Tuesday, March 1, 2011

“One”derful **TCR #47**

Hi everyone and welcome to my blog. Wow it is March already, can you believe that? At this rate it will be Christmas before we all know it hehe. Well on with my first layout for this month. Today’s layout is for The Color Room #47 palette. It is called “One”derful, and the photo is my grandson at his first birthday party last week. He actually still liked the bows and paper more than the presents he got. What a cutie pie. I used papers from my Swirlydoos Jan kit and had to do some planning for this one. When ever you sew on a layout it takes a bit of planning ahead. You have to do the sewing before any of the embellishments go on the layout.
You can see in this close up all the layers and distressing that I did. I used a few different types of stitching as well. I made all the flowers on this layout.  You can see my tutorial on the “MOM” flowers here. The orange flowers are from a tutorial at Swirlydoos. The swirls were first stamped on the layout then I added some liquid pearls to them and I added some peach Tattered Angels mist on the background paper.
Below is another close up of the flowers, swirls and stitching.
The Dusty Attic chippy in the top corner, I first inked it then added some crackle accents and once that dried I added some gems to it.
Well that was my first layout for the month and I have lots more in the planning stages. I am waiting for my two March kits to arrive and I have so many photos to scrap. I recently purchased PSE 9 and I have been messing around with altering some photos. Thank you so much for stopping in for a peek. I hope that you all have a fantastic week, be safe and stay warm. Feel free to leave me some scrappy love comments, I love reading them ...take care and happy scrapping J

4 comments:

Geri said...

Great layout, and your Grandson sure is a little cutie!

Cindy Gay said...

I love that title! Can't believe it's March either!

LG said...

wow that layout is so gorgeous.

FYI, you're my bloghop Scrapthat winner :D

Please email friends@scrapthat.ca with your address so that we can send you your Prima goodies.

Unknown said...

Hey Friend what a gorgeous work i luv the flowers and the sewing work.

and have a very great day
xx Carla