Sunday, March 20, 2011

Funny Face **Swirlydoos and TCR#50**

Hi everyone and welcome to my Blog. It’s a gorgeous sunny day here…yippee Spring is coming and I hope the snow is gone soon! I have two things to show you today. The first is a layout that I did for a challenge at Swirlydoos and I used The Color Room #50 palette for it. The challenge is: a funny photo of me, so this is me and my son in law. The colors were a huge challenge for me because I tend to use more color in my layouts, but hey, gotta push to create outside of your comfort zone.
I distressed to bottom layer and water distressed to top one, than inked it. Here is a close up of the Prima flowers and the Dusty attic chippy that cut in half and tucked into the side and bottom of the flower cluster. I first misted the DA with glmmer mist then I added some white pearl smooth to it and a couple of pearls.
Here is a close up of the flowers on the top section and the white rub ons that I added to the photo mat.
You can see that I did the right side and bottom with a Prima mask and distress inks.

Next project was a card that I made for Cardabilities. This is my first time that I have used a sketch for a card and it was fun to create and gave me a chance to use up some scraps that I had from my March Scrapthat kit. I did some sewing on the outside edges and distressed them. I used pop ups on the little squares and chalked the edges of them. The little fairy is fussy cut then I tucked her in with the flowers.
Well that is it for today. Thank you so much for stopping in for a peek. I hope that you all have a fantastic week, be safe and stay warm. Feel free to leave me some scrappy love comments, I love reading them ...take care and happy scrapping J

3 comments:

Sandi Clarkson said...

Wonderful job on TCR pallette. I actually deleted their post a few minutes ago thinking I couldn't work with those colors .. but wow, you're making me re-thnk that! Just adore what you've done!

Sasya said...

so beautiful works!! i love your take on the sketch~ thank you for playing with Cardabilities!!

Unknown said...

wow amazing my friend I love every Details!!!
hugs carla