Saturday, March 26, 2011

Simple Pleasures

Yippee it is Saturday, and I got to play with all my new Prima goodies that I bought yesterday J I am going to submit for their design team and this might be one of the submissions. All of my friends at Swirlydoos have persuaded me, so I will give it a shot!  I have used the Botanical Collection for this layout. I distressed all the layers and added lots of goodies. The photo is my daughter in law and grandkids, what a bunch of sweeties they are. I had to do quite a bit of editing on this photo. It was really dark and full of shadows to start with.



In this close up you can see the masking that I did in the back ground, and the distressed layers. I used some Prima packaging under the Say it with Crystals and tucked in a Prima doily in the distressed areas.

In the flower cluster I used lots of different Prima flowers and some chippys from the Botanical Chipboard Journaling Stickers. The leaves are also Prima.

I did some water distressing and inking beside the photo mat and tucked in another doily and chippy.

In this close up you can see all the layers of distressing and masking.

This is a side shot of the flower cluster.

Supplies:
Botanical Collection:
“Missing You” paper
“ Adore” paper
“My Love” paper
Chipboard journaling stickers
Flowers:
            “Zazi Collection”
            “Softees Collection Annabel”
            “Love Note Collection Madaline”
            “Innoscence 2 Collection”
            “Athena”
Various:
            Distress Ink – Frayed Burlap
            Prima Mask
            Prima packaging
            Chalk Ink – Chocolate

That was a really fun layout to make, and I love the way it turned out.  Thank you so much for stopping in for a peek. I hope that you all have a fantastic weekend, be safe and stay warm. Feel free to leave me some scrappy love comments, I love reading them ...take care and happy scrapping J

4 comments:

Sandi Clarkson said...

Great page, Shona. Good luck with your DT submission! Wouldn't that totally rock?!!

Margreet said...

You should really submit this lay-out at Prima. This is great!! You really should belong in the designteam at Prima!!
Lots of success.

Unknown said...

Awesome work, totally love it, go for it with the DT!!!

Stacy said...

Simply beautiful!! Love this page :)