Sunday, February 27, 2011

"Moms" Flower Tutorial

I figured it is about time I get this tutorial on here. These are really easy to make and if you just try one you will see that. Then you can dress up all your layouts with any color flower you want.

Supplies

Cardstock
Skewer stick
Glue – I use my glue gun
Inks
Glimmer mist or perfect pearls mist
Gems or Stickles, something for the centers of the flowers

First you need to cut out 5 to 8 petals. I use my cricut because you need different sizes for these flowers. There are many cricut cartridges with flower templates on them. I assume you can use any die cut machine if you can change the sizes of the die cut?
Here are the sizes I use for the larger flower.
2 ¾ inches, 2 ½, 2 ¼, and so on down to 1 inch. The larger flower has eight cut outs and the smaller flower I use the last five cut outs.
Fist step that I do is I mist the petals with water. You take the skewer and roll the petals towards you and pinch them at the same time. They will look like this after this step is done.
Now you can let them dry for about 15 minutes or so but I get impatient and use my heat gun on them so that I can finish them up right away. This is what they look like at this point now.
Once dried, I add some ink to the edges of the petals.  The next step is you glue all the petals together, alternating which way each petal goes. Then you just add a gem or pearl to it. For a nice pearly finish I like to spray the completed flowers with Perfect Pearls or Glimmer mist.
These take about 10 minutes to make and really they are so simple. I love the look of them. Here is a close up of an upcoming layout with some of the flowers on it. One large and four small ones. Have fun and I hope you enjoyed the tutorial.
Thank you so much for stopping in for a peek. I hope that you all have a fantastic weekend, be safe and stay warm. Feel free to leave me some scrappy love comments, I love reading them ...take care and happy scrapping J

12 comments:

Unknown said...

thanks Shona they are so beautiful..
byebye,lean

Luz Maria Bruna said...

Woow those flowers are beautiful and so easy to make,thanks for sharing with us!!

Geri said...

Great tutorial! Very easy to follow, I may have to give this one a try. Thanks for sharing!

Sandi Clarkson said...

These are gorgeous! I have been so lazy on my flower making this year. Need to warm up that Cricut and get busy!

janis said...

love love love these flowers!!!

Unknown said...

Love, love these!! Fab tutorial. going to give 'em a try :)

Vicky Alberto said...

beautiful and easy - LOVE it!

StampDancer said...

Thanks for this great tutorial. Can't wait to try this out!

Unknown said...

Wow what great technique, thanks for showing how
it should
hugs carla

Sharon said...

Beautiful. I love making flowers.

Im now a follower.

Sharon

Unknown said...

Oh I love this!! I need to try this! Thank you

Blossom inch said...

awesome tutorial!