Thursday, February 10, 2011

Conner **Scrapthat**

Hi and welcome to my blog. This layout was done for a masculine challenge; I used my “Love Notes” February kit from Scrapthat. The photo is my grandson last year at the Salmon River Run, you can see dead fishies in the photo, hehe. Million of salmon all dying..boy did it stink there YUCK! The kids loved it though. I distressed and inked all the layers on this layout. The challenge was so hard for me, no flowers, no butterflies, no bling, it almost killed me I tell ya!
I used a G45 cardstock on the bottom and totally sanded and distressed it. The top layers of paper are water distressed and inked. TIP: if you ink the edges on water distressed areas you can really see the creases of the distressing so much better. I love the banner that I made with everything from the kit. I added some little gems with bugs in them on the corners of the banner.
In this close up you can see a card from the kit that I used and I did some stamping on this layout. The grunged up cardboard is actually torn off of the box that my kit came in. I misted it, and added some white acrylic paint and brown ink.
The clock is cut out from the G45 paper. The Dusty Attic chippy, well I first painted it then I added some crackle paint to it and then I used some stickles and inks on it.
Well that was my masculine layout…super fun challenge, but now I am going in my room to make some pretty flowers, hehe. Thank you so much for stopping in for a peek. I hope that you all have a fantastic week, be safe and stay warm. Feel free to leave me some scrappy love comments, I love reading them ...take care and happy scrapping J

2 comments:

Sandi Smith said...

Awesome masculine layout Shona...love it!

Chrissy said...

Awesome page! Fantastic layering and distressing. I can't imagine how stinky it must've been!