Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Aloha and Memories and all that stuff.

Hi and welcome to my blog. I was so excited yesterday to open up my “Love Notes” February kit from Scrapthat. It is a gorgeous kit full of patterned papers from Glitz Designs Love Nest Collection and gorgeous embellishments to go with it. I could not wait to get started on a layout for the watermark challenge at Scrapthat.  This photo of my niece and her baby was taken last weekend when I was at a Hawaiian themed party. The baby was so cute all decked out. I distressed and inked all the layers on this layout.
In this close up you can see the cute Prima flowers that came with the kit. I added a pearl to the center of each one. I used a MS punch and added some pearls to the flowers on that. The velvet ribbon and title letters came with the kit. The chippy in the corner is where I used the watermark ink. I stamped letters on the chippy and then added some embossing powders and heated them to dry. I then inked the chippy and the watermark stamping acts as a resist and you can see the stamped images under the inking. I added a few pearls to the chippy to complete it.
In the other corner you can see a close up of some stamping that I did. I added a Prima flower and some pearls. The butterfly I cut out and added some gems and distress stickles to it. I added a row of pearls above the photo for a little soft touch. You can really see all the distressing and inking in this close up.
The flower cluster consists of kit flowers and my own handmade flowers. I made the peach, green and hand painted silk flowers. I also used the watermark ink to make the pearl swirl, there is one under the fan as well but I kinda messed that one up, so I made a fan with some of the other papers in the kit and covered up the boo boo.

My second layout is done with the Feb kit “Things Remembered”, from Swirlydoos. I had so much fun with this layout, one of my all time favourite photos of my daughter. I distressed and inked all the layers.
I added one hand painted silk flower that I made, and tucked some peach flowers that came with the kit around it. I cut up a Prima say it with pearls and added it all around the flower cluster. You can see the G45 cardstock that is behind the photo. I distressed and inked the layers here and the inking totally changed the G45 cardstock.
I added a rub on and some lace on the other side of the photo. The Dusty Attic chippy I inked a couple of colors and added some ZVA crystals to it.
I the top left corner under the flower I added another piece of the G45 cardstock and a title rub on under it. The masking was fun to do again and I added some liquid pearls to it.
I love both of these layouts. The inking seems to make all the papers look so much richer. I think I am going to go experiment with more inking and masking. Thank you so much for stopping in for a peek. I hope that you all have a fantastic week, be safe and stay warm. Feel free to leave me some scrappy love comments, I love reading them ...take care and happy scrapping J

4 comments:

Cindy Gay said...

I love the masking in the lower layout and both layouts have great tones and inking.

Vicky Alberto said...

These layouts are AMAZING, wow you scrap fast!

forgetfulteacher said...

Love your pages, super!!!

jannekevanveen said...

wow it's beautiful