Sunday, March 6, 2011

She Adores Him **Swirlydoos**

Well it’s Sunday night, another weekend gone. Back to the ole grind tomorrowL I did get to scrap quite a bit this past weekend so that was awesome. This layout was done for the Round Robin challenge at Swirlydoos. I am the first to go this month for my team so I did not have to lift anyone’s layout, they get to lift this one. The layout is called She Adores Him, and the photo is my son and grand daughter, she is such a daddy’s girl. I tweeked the photo some in PSE and I love the way it turned out, it kinda looks like it is on canvas. I used papers from various kits and from the store there. There is a lot of sewing and distressed layers on this layout, I used some ribbons and other fibres, did a little bit of misting, and made my own flowers.
Here is a close up of the photo, I added a couple of transparancies for the framing.
I used a MS punch for the butterflies and a corner punch on the circle. You can see the stitching that I did in this close up and the flowers in the top corner. I tucked in some Webster’s bloomer with the flowers and added a Prima swirl. The vine is from Dusty Attic and I first painted it with acrylics, then I covered it with Glossy Accents and added a bit of stickles to it when it was completely dry.
In this close is the larger flower cluster, I tucked a DA key in the cluster, which is finished with inks and crackle accents.
In this close up you can see more lace and ruffles that I added and the misting in the bottom corner of the word “adore”. TIP: if you are going to mist a title piece you might as well mist it on your paper like I did in the bottom corner.
On the DA title piece I inked and misted it then added some stickles to it.

Well that is it for today. Thank you so much for stopping in for a peek. My two kits should be here this week and I have lots of scrappy plans for them both. I am going to be busy, busy, busy. I hope that you all have a fantastic week, be safe and stay warm. Feel free to leave me some scrappy love comments, I love reading them ...take care and happy scrapping J

5 comments:

Unknown said...

adorable page! love the distressing and the beautiful flowers

Luz Maria Bruna said...

What a wonderful layout my friend,amazing design and colours and once again those beautiful flowers!!

Miranda said...

Beautiful page!
Looking forward working with you on the DT of Sketchabilities.

Geri said...

Beautiful layout. I love the handmade flowers and the gathered ribbon is so pretty

Anniebee said...

Hi, Shona! I'm so glad I stopped by tonight to see this gorgeous layout! Your work is always top notch and that's why I selected you to receive an award. It is waiting for you on my blog and you can pick it up whenever it's convenient. You may have received one like it before but I didn't see one posted and I think your blog is deserving of the recognition. I hope you don't mind. ;o) Have a wonderful day!

Anne
anniebeescraftroom.blogspot.com