Saturday, June 11, 2011

JJ **Swirlydoos**

Wow Saturday already, where has this year gone so far? Eeeek, before you know it will be winter again lol. I made 2 layouts yesterday after work and this is one of them. I used goodies from my June Swirlydoos kit and the sketch from Stuck on U Sketches. I think I kinda slaughtered the sketch but this is my take on it. I am cant seem to do multiple photos so I usually just embellish more. The photo is my grandson Johanathan (JJ) on his first time on the slide this month..awwww…getting to be a big boy J I added a few butterflies that are just cut out from a file at Swirlydoos.


Here you can see the fussy cutting that I did on the plaid paper and the Dusty Attic swirl that I added. I also did lots of machine stitching on this layout. After that farce last week with the nightmare faux stitching I will stick to my machine now, hehe.

Here are a couple close-ups of the top title section. The wings are from Dusty Attic also. I soaked them in water, layered the chipboard then added some white paint and glimmer mist to it. I love the feathered look of them, very cool. The blue flowers I made myself. Maggi has a great easy tut on her blog that you can use…I changed it up some but basically they are the same.


Here is a close up of the bottom cluster and a good view of one of the butterflies. Just print them cut them out and add some slickles and gems to them.


Well that is it for today.  I hope tomorrow to post my Getting on the Glitz layout. I hope that you have a fantastic weekend.  Feel free to leave me some scrappy love comments, I love reading them ...take care and happy scrapping J

16 comments:

Sandi Smith said...

Beautiful work once again...I find it hard to do multi photo layouts too!

Dianne H said...

Another lovely layout. Cool Sketch too

Luz Maria Bruna said...

What a wonderful cuuute page!!!

Kim said...

Shona, this is gorgeous!!!! Love it!!!!!!

Camilla Ekman said...

It's a piece of art! Love it to bits!

Unknown said...

Smashing LO again Shona, love that checkered paper, it's absolutely perfect for a boy's picture!

Nanne said...

oh gosh!! that is so super cool... Love the distressing and you always make the most of your color choices.. Fantastic take on our sketch..
Its always a pleasure to stop by and see what you've been creating..
hugs
Nanné

Lisa aka Raining said...

Perfect papers for this little boy layout! gorgeous work shona!

Unknown said...

fabulous! great take on the sketch, love the distressing and the photo is lovely!

Pam Pritzl said...

this is seriously amazing! I'm totally in love w/ everything you've done here! The fussy cutting is great and I LOVE how you distressed the antiquey paper and framed it w/ the red ... all of your embellies are great, you can tell you really thought it out and put a lot of time into this ... seriously fabulous!!!!

annette said...

Fantastic take on the sketch .. really love your colours & embellies X:)

Bellaidea said...

beautiful layout !

Stine Ursin said...

This is AMAZING! Love the colors you have used against the BW photo. Great take on the sketch!

Fern said...

Beautiful layout!!! Great embellies/textures!!! Thanks for joining us over at SOUS!! Hugs!!!

Anonymous said...

Ok you so have me cracking up! There really are times when you have great sketch intentions but end up going...where, where did it go?
LMBO!
Well I love this and think the details are stunning as always!!!!

xoxo Leah

Bonnie aka Cinnabon said...

love this Shona! I am amazed at the the layouts you produce and they are all so lovely! What a sweet grandson, and I hear your heart on using multiple photos! I think you rocked this sketch in a way only you could do!