Thursday, June 23, 2011

girls **SOUS**

Well Happy Friday everyone!!! First I have some news! I have been asked by Stuck on U Sketches to become part of their Design Team. I am so excited, their team is full of so many wonderfully talented designers and the sketches are amazing. So here is the first sketch that I got to work with…it is by Liz Qualman. I enjoyed the sketch so much I made a layout and a card for it.


First up ..the layout. It is called “girls” ( I need help with titles I know I am terrible with them, hehe ) and the photo is my two daughters. I used lots of Prima papers and goodies for this layout. I started by distressing most of the layers and inking them.

I tucked some Dusty Attic snow flakes, vines and chicken wire into the flower clusters.


In the top corner you can see all the layers and more DA tucked into the smaller cluster.

Ok so when I saw the sketch I was worried…I do not make good looking banners, so the search was on for a style for one.  I remembered that Tina had a great banner and I sent her a message that I was going to use that banner as a template for mine…here is the link to her blog. She is a super talented girl. I curled some paper on each end of the banner and used lots of inks on it and topped it off with some ribbon.

Next up is the little card that I made….also based on the same sketch. I used some of my favourite Glitz papers and lots of other goodies here. I love the machine stitching and the deep green seam binding and bow.


Ok well that is it J I had a great time working on both of these projects. Don’t forget to head on over to SOUS for tonnes of inspiration. We would all love to see your interpretation of this sketch. Thanks again for stopping by and I hope that you have a fantastic week.  Feel free to leave me some scrappy love comments, I love reading them ...take care and happy scrapping J

21 comments:

Sharon & Nick said...

Congrats on being a guest designer over at SOUS. This layout is stunning. Love your work.

Unknown said...

Congrats on being a guest designer coool!
Lovely and sweet page and a beautiful card you made .
byebye,Lean

Patricia said...

Whow!!! Congratulations Shona...they sure made a good choice!Enjoy being a designer!!!As always,your work is just beautiful!!!

Lizzyc said...

HI! well done on your new position! and the layout and card is beautiful. and the banner is gorgeous!!

Unknown said...

congrats!!! your work is awesome, love that layout! and the card...gorgeus!!

Sandi Smith said...

Beautiful creations Shona and a big congrats on the DT!

Angelica said...

Congratulations Shona!!!! Your work is so beautiful!! They are lucky to have you!!!

Unknown said...

Congratulations Shona! You are a true asset to the team, your work is stunningly beautiful! Always love coming here to see what you've created again! Have a great weekend, Ira x

Kim said...

Congrats Shona...I just know you will be a beautiful asset to the team!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Yay! Shona...welcome to our team! Do you know what is funny is that we all kinda came to each other about wanting to ask you...so it was meant to be from all sides! =)
I really look forward to getting to know you AND to see your beautiful projects highlighted with us..well that's just SO exciting!

Your projects this week are amazing! Oh gosh..I love the details and colors! And well hey, we're in the same boat because I am awful w/ titles, often not using any at all (I brainstorm with Nanne sometimes b/c I need the extra help! LOL!)

So again, welcome...

xoxo Leah

Tina said...

Huge Congrats, Shona!! Your projects turned out GORGEOUS!! xo

Sandi Clarkson said...

Once again, welcome to the team! I feel fortunate to have you aboard! Love that you went the extra mile in doing that card. BTW .. I too have admired Tina's banner and saved it to my computer the first time I saw it! Anyway, love your page! Can't wait to see more!

jannekevanveen said...

beautiful i love it hugs Janneke

Camilla Ekman said...

Huge congrats, sweetie! Your projects are so pretty. I love all the details you put into every single layout/card.

Nanne said...

Welcome to out team of designers.. we really are lucky to have you.. this layout of yours is amazing as is all of your work, cant' wait to see more!!
hugs
Nanné

Unknown said...

wow how amazing sweet shona Congratulations your work is always so stunning and this page also !!
and such wonderful details to!!

have a very great weekend
XX Carla

Cindy Gay said...

Lovely girls and great job with the distressing.

Stine Ursin said...

This is so gorgeous Shona. I just love your style with all the detail. Wonderful :)

Fern said...

Beautiful layout Shona!!! Your distressing, layers and textures are totally amazing!! Love your take on the sketch.. especially using the one banner instead of two!!! Welcome to our team!! Hugs!!!

KrissyClarkMcKee said...

Congratulations, and this layout is so beautiful! I am not one bit surprised they chose you as your work is certainly a favorite of mine!

annette said...

Shona, welcome to the team, have been snooping through your blog ... oooo all so so beautiful... look forward to working with you & I love your take on the current sketch .. cheers