Monday, January 16, 2012

Play and Beautiful **Dusty Attic -The Flying Unicorn **

Hi everyone! Well another Monday and winter has hit us with a bang now! Calling for more snow all week…yuck! LOL! Right now at The FlyingUnicorn there are so many fun challenges going on and one of them is your Word for the year. I had to pick a word that I want more of this year, etc. Well I want to PLAY more, either scrapping play or family play…I just want more play in my life! So I made this canvas wall hanging for my room and I used this weeks palette and sketch from The Color Room because I want to PLAY along there too! hehe.


I started out with a white canvas, applied lots of gesso with masks and then just started to use some glimmer mists to get the colors I wanted. All of the chipboard pieces are from Dusty Attic, and I have embossed the middle piece and also the title letters before I painted and misted them.

I used some DA scrolls pieces in the corners which I have stamped, inked and misted. I then applied some Rock Candy crackle paint to them. I also added in some gauze and some twine along the side.

I used lots of different flowers from my stash and added some of my crinkle seam binding bows.

Another shot of all the yummy layers. I love this little wall hanging for my room J

My second project is a layout done for the Round Robin at The Flying Unicorn. I used the Vintage Blue Glitz collection and got inspiration from a photo challenge at Glitz. I chose the colors in the photo as my inspiration for this. I did lots of distressing, inking and fussy cutting. The photo is my grand daughter over the holidays.


I love the Dusty Attic butterflies and for this one I soaked it in water and then peeled the layers of chipboard before I painted it with some gesso and smooch paints. Here you can also see the fussy cut Glitz papers.

I added a little banner at the bottom of the layout, also inspired from the photo.

I added some Dusty Attic fern chippys to the flower clusters and some chippy scroll pieces in the corners.

A close up of all the layers and goodies.

Ok well that is it for today, I hope you all come and visit us at the Flying Unicorn…come join in on the fun and games. We are having a big online scrap party starting this Friday, the link is at the top of my blog on the right! Lots of goodies up for grabs this weekend, come and play!  Have a fantastic weekend!  Feel free to leave me some scrappy love comments, I love reading them ...take care and happy scrapping J

12 comments:

Sandi Smith said...

Beautiful as always...LOVE the wall hanging!

Blossom inch said...

that is beautiful canvas and layout Shona!

Cindy Gay said...

All the projects are great! Stay safe there in snowy Canada!

Georgia Heald said...

These are all amazing Shona! I love how much dimension and texture you add to your layouts, just beautiful!

Bellaidea said...

Dear Shona, this layout is beautiful, love all small and bigger stuff there and toy did start from great photo.
Thank you so much!
Big thank you also for all lovely comments you left for me today in different places:)
Hugs!

Heather Jacob said...

OMG Shona .... MAGNIFICENT WORK .... fabulous pieces of magical art ... love them .. hugz x

Unknown said...

You just come up with the finest and most stunning pieces of work Shona! All of them are awesome and so rich in detail, which I totally fancy!!

Tomomi Nomura(nom) said...

stunning page !!

Unknown said...

beautiful work both great layers and yummie texture!!
byebye,lean

Scraps of Elegance said...

Shona, your background technique on the canvas is spectacular! I also love how you brought those DA pieces to life. Beautiful creation.

Lisa said...

Oh that canvas is to die for and the lo is just gorgeous!!!! Love how the D pieces look also!!!!

Lea L. said...

This is so pretty, Shona! I love all the amazing layers you've added to it! Thanks for participating in the January Glitz Design blog challenge, and congratulations on making the Top 5!!