Saturday, March 11, 2017

My Creative Scrapbook - Heart Tutorial

Hi everyone! Shona here today and I am going to share with you how to create these cute and simple hearts for embellishing your cards, tags or layouts.  


I used papers from the LE kit and cut out 4 hearts. Make two smaller for the top hearts. I also used some distress ink around the edges of each heart.

 

The next step is to mist the hearts with water and curl the edges. I used a paintbrush end to curl them.


Heat set. Heat setting makes these curls permanent and the hearts will not lose their shape.


 
Layer a small heart on top of a larger one now. I added a piece of gauze between the layers for some added dimension.


Last step is I just wrapped some thread around the hearts, adhering it with tape on the back. Ready to add to your project.

 

These two tags are created with the LE kit. For the base of the tags I used the packaging from the gorgeous 49 and Market flowers in the kit.
 

A few close ups of the tag set.
 
 

Here are some of the hearts I used on a kit layout. For these two I added a big of masking on them.
 
That is it for me today, make sure to check out all the gorgeous kits available this month! Take care and happy scrapping!

2 comments:

Lisa Landry said...

Swwweeet!

Lizzyc said...

Gorgeous creating, love the hearts, thanks for sharing how to make them!