Thursday, April 7, 2011

Handsome **Swirlydoos**

Yippee its Friday!!!!!!! I love Fridays J hehe. And to make it even better today is my day for this weeks round robin challenge at Swirlydoos. We had to use swirls in this challenge. I used papers from the BoBunny Gabrielle collection, all in my April kit. The handsome young man in the photo is my son Ryan.


I distressed all the layers and machine stitched the layers. The title Handsome..is a Dusty Attic piece that I inked 2 colors then I used Glossy Accents on it.

In the corners are more Dusty Attic scrolls. I first painted them white, added some inks to them and used Glossy Accents again. I added some pearls when they were dry, and added the Prima Swirls.

This Dusty Attic vine was done with the same technique but I put some clear stickles on my finger and added them to the leaves.

The large burgundy flower is from Prima and I made the two blue ones with a tutorial from Lisa, you can see it here. The Dusty Attic ferns are first painted white and then I used glimmer mist on them and curled them when they were damp. After they dried I added some ink to the edges of them.


Well that is it for today. Thank you so much for stopping in for a peek. I hope that you all have a fantastic weekend, be safe and stay warm. Feel free to leave me some scrappy love comments, I love reading them ...take care and happy scrapping J

4 comments:

Bellaidea said...

Very cool, great photo!

Unknown said...

wowser my friend this is so stunning cool page love every details!!

and have a very great weekend
huigs carla

Luz Maria Bruna said...

What a cool male layout!!

Heather said...

Great photo of your son! I just love these kinds of "handsome shots". love the distressing on your pages! Fabulous! Hugs!