Saturday, October 4, 2014

Buid a Page with the Flying Unicorn October Kit of the Month


Hi everyone…I am up this month with the BAP from the gorgeous October Your Art Your Passion kits. This is my creative process for this layout of two of my cutie pie grandsons when they visited in September!
 

I started with 2 pieces of the Fabscraps papers in the main kit. Cut out the center of the bottom sheet because you do not see that anyways and I wanted to use it on top. Trim the other sheet down to 11 x 11 and save those strips.

 
I used a couple of punches around the edges on these pieces. I do not punch perfectly I like to overlap my punched areas to give it a distressed look.
 

Adhere the top sheet to the bottom now and add the other pieces along the top left and some smaller pieces on the bottom right. Add those 1 inch strips now too!
 


The Mixed Passion kit comes with this amazing box of samplers from Golden! LOVE! I added some of the Regular Gel medium over the two areas that I added paper too. Why? Because when I add some mists and paints later on they will not absorb into the papers and will create these nice splats instead. The gel dries clear.
 


I love the stamp in this months kit…I added some stamping to the background after the Golden Gel dried..you can  use a heat tool to quicken this process.
 

I also used other stamps from the Flying Unicorn store and other kits.

 

How gorgeous is that mask in this months kit! LOVE IT! I used some of the Golden Light Molding paste in the sampler box and did my masking. I also used a 13 ARTS mask from a previous kit.
 


Cut some cardboard from a box to add behind the photo. I like to distress my photos a bit with the Prima Multi Purpose tool first. If you are ever looking for an amazing glue that actually sticks and holds everything in place…….3 in 1 is perfect and you can get it at the Flying Unicorn store.
 

Add you photo to the layout now.
 


Pick out your goodies to use to embellish your creation…look at all these fun pieces from the kit!
 


After adding all the embellishments..cover up that photo and use some of the Shimmerz Mist and Paint in the kits to add little flicks and splats to finish off your creation!
 


Here are some close ups……thanks for looking and if you try my BAP please share.



 
 

3 comments:

Lizzyc said...

Wonderful,layout! Love the step by steps, the end result is amazing!

Unknown said...

Love love this Shona, another awesome page! It's great to see how you made this, too!
Ira’s Crea Corner

Scraps of Elegance said...

Spectacular! I love your cluster work, and it's a perfect boy layout.