Sunday, January 11, 2015

Build a Page with the Flying Unicorn Jan Kit


Hi everyone! I am here today with a Build a Page Tutorial featuring the yummy Flying Unicorn January Your Passion Your Art kits! The Riddersholm papers are truly gorgeous! I have always struggled with dark background myself..so thought this was a great starting point for my BAP. So here we go!

 


Pick your two sheets of Riddersholm papers from the main kit.

 


Tear down the right and left sides of the dark paper…keep those strips for later on.

 


This is the bottom sheet so lets cut out the center to use elsewhere on the layout.

 


Adhere to two sheets together now.

 


Lets use those strips now..and also rip that square cut out  piece into strips. Glue to the top and bottom of the layout.

 


I used a piece of packaging cut about the size of a credit card and applied some gesso on the strips now. Heat set.

 


Grab the Chocolate Shimmerz and spray on top of the gesso areas…heat set.

 


The kit has some gorgeous BoBunny Stamps in it…I added some stamping on the top and bottom sections.

 


Cut a piece of cardboard…distress the photo..and mount it with glue.

 


I did some masking with a couple of masks from previous kits and some Golden Molding paste.

 


Look at all the fun pieces to add now.

 


Glue your photo down and start to layer your embellishments all around it.

 


Don’t forget to add some to the bottom section as well.

 


After it was all put together I added some water to the Inklingz, stir it up with a paint brush and just keep dipping in that brush and flicking it on the layout around the embellishments..this helps to make it all pop. TIP: I always like to cover my photo when I do this part…helps from splatters going on it.

 


The last part of my BAP was to just paint some gesso on the embellishments to make them all blend in. I also used some of the glass glitter with gel for some added glitter. Last thing I did was the 13 ARTS beads...love them!

 
 


Here are some close ups…I hope you liked my BAP and give it a try. I know I love the way it turned out and it helped me get over the timidness of creating with a dark background.



3 comments:

Lizzyc said...

Amazing background, love all the embellies, and cute photo too!

Sandi Clarkson said...

Awesome background and what a great page!

Cindy Gay said...

Love how you put this together Shona!