Friday, April 20, 2018

Altered Bottle - 13 Arts


Hello 13@rts Fans!!  Shona here today with a fun altered bottle. I love to save cool looking bottles and create something new. All product links at the bottom of the post.  
 
 

To start I did two coats of 13 Arts White Gesso on the bottle. For the second layer I  used a small sponge to give it a textured look.

 
Next I made a mixture of Clear Crackle Glaze, Modeling Paste and Magic Powder to thicken it up. I applied this on sections of the bottle and let it dry overnight. This will give me a crackle texture in the background.

 
While I wait, I picked out my flowers and applied a coat of white Gesso to them. Some dark colored flowers will need a second coat. This is going to protect the flowers from soaking up the mist.

 
After I adhered the flowers to the bottle it was time to add the mists. I did this by applying the Mists with a paintbrush and using a water brush to move and soften the colors. I used Ayeeda Chalk Mists in Yellow Amber, Dark Brown and Woodbine. Dry between colors and layers. This can be a long process with all the drying but I used a heat tool to help. I added extra layers of color where needed. 
 
After I was happy with the color I added my Glass Miscrospheres and Mica flakes with some Gel Medium. Lastly I did some dry brushing on the flowers and Microspheres with white Gesso, to add some softness and blend the project together.

That is it for me today, I hope you try to alter a bottle, I know I will do more in the future… Take care and happy scrapping!!
 
13@rts Product List


Ayeeda Mist Chalk Dark Brown
Ayeeda Mist Chalk Yellow Amber
Ayeeda Mist Chalk Woodbine
Gesso White
Natural Mica Fine Silver
Natural Mica Flakes Light Gold
Gel Medium
Magic Powder
Modeling Paste
Clear Crackle Glaze
Glass Microspheres

1 comment:

Lizzyc said...

Absolutely gorgeous!!! love the crackle..