Sunday, April 8, 2018

April Challenge - 13@rts


Hello 13@rts Fans!!  There is a new monthly challenge up at 13@rts and here is my take on the inspiration photo. The photo is my sister, mom, and grandmother…3 generations of beautiful women! I went with the His and Hers collection as it is perfect for this heritage photo. I first covered the paper with Clear Gesso, this helps protect your background when you use mists etc.
 

 

The chipboard pieces are all from Creative Embellishments. I covered them with Gesso first, added some Pearl Olive Green Mist and some crackle on top. I soaked up any extra mist with some gauze and used that behind the photo. With the His and Hers collection there are lots of pieces you can fussy cut to add to your projects. This butterfly clock is so cool and cut from the papers. I added some Burnt Sienna Chalk Mist with a paint brush on this butterfly clock piece. The pretty flowers are from 49 and Market.

Once everything was put together I added some Mica flakes in Silver and Gold with Gel Medium. I also added a few Gold Micospheres for added texture and dimension. The title sticker is from the Secret Letters Sticker Sheet.

 


On my last close up you can see I did some shading behind the cluster. I used Light Brown Pearl Mist and Burnt Sienna Chalk Mist with a paint brush to get the shadow effect. I find this brings your eye attention to the photo in the center.

1 comment:

Lizzyc said...

Beautiful.. very vintagey!!