Wednesday, August 8, 2012

REVENGE of the Members *CT Flying Unicorn*


Hi everyone and welcome! Well this month at the Flying Unicorn the MEMBERS have taken over and believe me they are testing the CT to the max!!! For me I got 2 challenges to complete. For the first one Steph sent me this lovely pile of CRAP goodies in the mail. Imagine how joyous I was when I opened up my package, hehe.

Ok so the deal was I had to use every embellishment,  yepp even that one google eye and the neon ribbon. I also had to use parts of all of the papers. This paper is like tissue paper too LOL! I was not allowed to add anything but cardstock, cardboard, gesso, ink, paint and mist. All I can say is thank god for gesso and mists LOL! Here is my finished project.

My next challenge was to create a FLAT layout with 3 photos…eeeeeeek FLAT!!! NO fat flowers and oh yes it had to be oldschool too…so nothing new from this century allowed. I had to beg to use a doily! BUT NO liquid pearls or flowers that had any dimension. Nothing that had any dimension. What a challenge I tell ya! The 3 photos was enough of a challenge let alone NO dimension…but I did it, used the August Kit of the month and here is what I made. I think it is about an quarter of an inch thick LOL

All in all it was torture but fun. So thanks Stephanie and Marcia for the challenges. You all better hide in September when it is my turn to do a challenge though…just saying!

Well that is it for today. I hope that you all have a fantastic week! Feel free to leave me some scrappy love comments, I love reading them ...take care and happy scrapping J

18 comments:

SusieJ said...

Wow! I cannot believe that the first LO came from that stash!! Awesome!
And I love the second LO ...it may be flat but it looks so good.
Hugs xx

Lizzyc said...

Oh wow you have created wonderfully considering the criteria you had to work with.. beautiful photos too..

Sandi Smith said...

Well I think you rocked both challenges!Love them both!

Scrapthat said...

Well you did a FANTASTIC job with the challenges Shona!! WTGG!

Carole Wright said...

WOW I agree, what a great job, I especially love the first one, amazing layout considering what you had to work with. Well done!!!!

Unknown said...

Shona, I think you did an amazing job with both of these challenges!! Beautiful pieces of work, both of them!

Keren Tamir said...

Wow Shona those were some hard challenges like you said thanks to gesso and mists your layout is gorgeous I can't believe it was done from those papers wow

Unknown said...

Beautiful pages both the one with 3 pictures is a amazing one...
byeeeee,Lean

Kisha said...

Beautiful LO's!! You made that flat LO look fabulous, I love it.

Cindy Gay said...

I love the blue dotted scrunched paper background in you top layout.

gracescraps@gmail.com said...

Shona, I do NOT envy you either of these challenges, but you so rocked them both!! Love both the dimensional and fussy cut flowers!! ~ Blessings, Tracey

http://gracescraps.blogspot.com/

Vicky Alberto said...

Shut up... sooooo awesome! Amazing job - I think I would have refused the challenge though LMAO!!!

Vicky Alberto said...

OK...I bet you're gonna add flowers to that second one now right and not tell anyone? HEE HEE HEE. xoxoxo

Julie Gillespie said...

Great layouts! Gives me some good ideas of how to use up some "ugly paper" I have sitting around. Love your work!!!!

Unknown said...

Now this shows what a splendid artist you are Shona! If you're able to create such an artistic piece with those papers, well, that makes you a supertalented girl in my eyes! Awesome work!
irascreacorner.blogspot.com

Sandi Clarkson said...

Wowzers, Shona! You did a fantastic job on both these challenges! The first one is amazing .. you nailed it!

Bonnie aka Cinnabon said...

Wonderful work! Lots of challenges but you pulled it off no big deal! That's my girl!

Eila Sandberg said...

I say AMEN!! and second you whole heartedly in saying thank heavens for gesso and mist ... Opening up the first pack would have sent me into hysterical giggles, I sooo admire you for biting the bullet and coming up with that great page! Ack ack no flowers?! OMG now that's a challenge if anything! You did so incredibly good with both challenges, WTG girl!! xoxo