Saturday, August 25, 2012

Treasure


Happy Saturday everyone! Finally home for a weekend and I got to play some today…after all, what better thing to do while laundry is washing then to get in a bit of scrappy time right! I created this layout for the current challenge at CSI..and the new palette is just gorgeous! I love CSI, not only does it get my creative juices flowing with the palettes but it gives me that push to get some journaling done on my layouts! I have used the new Prima Romance Novel collection, and the chippys and flowers are Dusty Attic, all available at the Flying Unicorn store. I have done lots of distressing and masking and some white washing with gesso on this one. I have scrapped this photo before of my grand daughter, but the beauty of giving so many of my layouts to my kids is that I get to rescrap my favs.

 The Sceme: use all colors in the palette. Check.

The Evidence: I have used lots of wet mediums…gesso, molding paste and glimmer mists. There is masking done with molding paste and distress inks. I also made my butterflies with stripes on them and added a little bird to the flower cluster. Check.


Testimony: My journal strips are based on the 5 Ws.
Case solved LOL!

Well that is it for today.  Have a great weekend everyone!  Feel free to leave me some scrappy love comments, I love reading them ...take care and happy scrapping J

12 comments:

Sandi McLean said...

Gorgeous layout Shona, I love all your delicious layering. Hugs,

Anonymous said...

Had to check out the masking with the molding paste and the little bird. Beautiful work.

Unknown said...

Oooh I love that masking, so fabulous! Gorgeous layout, she is such a doll!!

Keren Tamir said...

OMG love the mixed media and the textures!! awesome picture too!!

Sandi Clarkson said...

Love this to pieces!!

Unknown said...

Me too! Love your journalling, it's as if you can hear your grand daughter talking here, but that's also because you create so much life around your photos Shona. Well done!
irascreacorner.blogspot.com

gracescraps@gmail.com said...

Wow!! Such a gorgeous page. Love your work with the molding paste/stencils and gesso!! ~ Blessings, Tracey

http://gracescraps.blogspot.com/

Unknown said...

Great treasure and aa wonderful page again.
byebye,Lean

FiKenward said...

Lovely page, love the textured background and sweet photos.

Lizzyc said...

This is stunning, love the back ground and all the details you have created.. I am a bit behind in my blog hopping, and I have scrolled down a few posts.. beautiful creations.. I really love the tag too!!

Frank Garcia said...

Shona! Stunning as always sweetie, beautiful colors, gorgeous picture, you are just a ROCKSTAR and I miss you soooooooooo much~

Frank

Unknown said...

Hi Shona what did you made such stunning design love it

hugs carla