Friday, October 19, 2012

Baby Belly **CT Flying Unicorn**


Hi everyone and welcome to my blog. I wanted to post this before I left to be with my daughter for a week. She is in labour as I type this and this baby will be here tonite or in the morning...so very exciting.  OK so today I have a layout that I have created using papers from Teresa Collins Sweet Afternoon Collection, Stampendous Embossing Enamel and some Dusty Attic chippys…all from the Flying Unicorn store. The more I use these papers the more I am loving them. They are thick and I love the texture of them. I also got inspiration from the current challenge at Once Upon a Sketch. The photo is my daughter just a couple of weeks ago. There is hidden journaling on the tag with the ribbon.


I have done some background masking with gesso for a soft effect. I fussy cut some of the flowers from the collection papers and tucked them in here and there. For the Dusty Attic Skeleton clock I have painted it with gesso and than sprinkled it with diamond dust while it was wet. The other chippy I painted white and I added some Stampendous Embossing Enamel and used a heat tool to set it. I love the gold flecks in this enamel…yummy.

The flowers are all from Green Tara, I have also used some Green Tara lace and trims to finish this layout off.

One last close up you can see the gorgeous pink cobweb trim and lace from GreenTara.

Well that is it for today. Don’t forget to stop by the Flying Unicorn store for all your scrappy needs…Alda has been loading so many new goodies in the store.  Feel free to leave me some scrappy love comments, I love reading them ...take care and happy scrapping J

 

Green Tara Products used:
1.5cm Roses Pale Pink CODE: FDR003PP
 Cherry Blossoms Pink CODE: FLC22P

21 comments:

Di Garling said...

I'm speechless Shona. What can I say, but fabulooooous. Love this, love your flower clusters with all those little Gren Tara lovelies. Just love it all. Fab photo too. Cheers Di xo

Linda Pekrul said...

Beautiful page Shona! Wishing all the best to that new grandchild!

Lisa said...

Shona this is just beautiful and I bet ya can't wait for that baby!!!!

Unknown said...

This is so sweet love this page.
byebye.Lean

FiKenward said...

What a sweet page you've created for this baby bump, and how wonderful to have another baby to scrap Im sure we will see your new addition very soon gracing your pages. Enjoy your time with your DD and new bub.

SusieJ said...

What a fabulous page Shona! Loving all the different techniques and the soft romantic colours.
Hope Bubba has arrived safely.
Hugs xx

Lizzyc said...

HI.. What an amazing photo and a beautiful layout, and how special as now your DD will lose the baby belly and have her little one in her arms.. I do trust that everything is going really well for her too... look forward to hearing the good news of the arrival of your new grandie!!

Unknown said...

Such a delicate page this is Shona, really love that photo of your daughter's belly, especially in combination with the word 'baby', totally wonderful!
irascreacorner.blogspot.nl

Keren Tamir said...

Shona first of all congrats!! that's amazing!! secondly this layout is fantastic! love the dreamy feel!! finally I want to say that I loooooooooooove that photo how clever is that!! love it!!

Tina said...

WOW...simply stunning! Beautiful details and gorgeous layers!

phamil said...

Shona, love that photo and love this page!!! You are totally doing stunning work lately! Well, always, but lately just totally outstanding! LOL! Thanks for playing along again at OUAS!

Unknown said...

I've been MIA the last couple of weeks but thrilled for your happy news and nnow all the eye candy I get to see! Hope all goes well for you and the family!

Hilde Aaslund aka Scoobie said...

Fabolous phot and great color pick for your layout. Love all your details!
Thank you for sharing with us at OUAS!

EFI said...

Adorable!!! Thank you so much for playing along with us at OUAS! Best wishes for the new baby, Shona!!!

Chantal Vandenberg said...

Amazing layout!!!!!! LOVE this!!! All the best!!! xo

Vicky Alberto said...

so amazing!!!

gracescraps@gmail.com said...

Wow, love the delicate details in this amazing LO. The creative cropping of the photo makes this so interesting!! ~ Blessings, Tracey

http://gracescraps.blogspot.com/

Bente Fagerberg said...

So pretty and delicate. Love the colours and the gesso. G
ood luck with the new baby in the family!!

Unknown said...

oh wow !!!!!! love the colors and design !!!!

Svetlana Austin said...

beautiful LO, Shona! so fresh and peaceful but with some happy bright sparkle of of color to it! thank you for joining us at OUAS!

Eila Sandberg said...

As I'm backtracking, the baby is still a precious surprise. So looking forward to reading more soon :)) LOVE the pops of red/coral against the soft soft background. This is absolutely beautiful Shona! xoxo