Monday, October 15, 2012

Christmas Creations with Fabscraps.


Hi everyone, I would like to thank you all for stopping by. Today I have a layout and 3 cards to share that I have created with the gorgeous Fabscraps Christmas Collection. To me this collection is just so shabby and delicious! I have done lots of distressing and inking on the layout and added in lots of the Collection goodies to finish it off. Oh and yes…this is my grandson, such a little cutie pie.

I love all of the chippys that come with this collection. For the title piece I have first painted it white, than I misted just a bit of green on it. After that was dry I used some embossing powders on the top to finish it off.  I also used a die to cut the red doilys from the collection papers.

The poinsettia flowers in this collection are so much fun to make and so so easy! Just pop out what sizes you want to use, curl the edges a bit, ink them and start to layer them. There are even green ones to use for leaves. How easy is that and they look Fabulicious. To finish off the layout have added a ribbon and twine bow and one of the Fabscraps Metal Embellishments.

Next I have 3 cards that I have made with this yummy collection. It is never too early to start making your cards and tags for Christmas. I love this first one, I have fussy cut and layered the windows…and this little window really pops up about a third of an inch or so. I saw a card recently from Alda at the Flying Unicorn with a window and that inspired this one.


I am loving the colors and music note papers in this collection and my next card is created with it. I cut a circle to use in the center from one of the collection papers. I have also made the flower from the die cut flowers paper with this collection.  Add a bow and liquid pearls and you are done.

For my last card I have fussy cut the girl and holly from the collection papers. I love doing these weird shaped cards, they are so much fun. To finish this card off I have used a Fabscraps flower and metal embellishment with some twine.

Thanks for stopping by today, make sure to stop by the Fabscraps Blog and Facebook page and show us what you are creating. I can not wait to see what you do with this collection. Take care and happy scrapping!

Layout - Fabscraps Products Used:
  • FabScraps Christmas paper range: C51 002/007/005/008
  • Die Cut Chipboard DC 51 019
  • Stickers ST51 001
  • Flowers MCDC 10
  • Fabscraps Metal Embellishment
Card 1 - Fabscraps Products Used:
  • FabScraps Christmas paper range: C51 003/005Die Cut Chipboard DC 51 019
Card 2 - Fabscraps Products Used:
  • FabScraps Christmas paper range: C51 003
  • MC DC 10 for the flower
  • ST51 001 Stickers
Card 3 - Fabscraps Products Used:
  • FabScraps Christmas paper range: C51 001/002/008
  • Fabscraps flower and metal embelishment

9 comments:

gracescraps@gmail.com said...

Such gorgeous work with the Fabscraps pp!! Such a beautiful LO and gorgeous shabby cards!! ~ Blessings, Tracey

http://gracescraps.blogspot.com/

Unknown said...

Aaaaah you have me in the Christmas mood now!! These are so very gorgeous, Shona. Amazing work!

Keren Tamir said...

gorgeous work! now you are ready for x-mas!!

Cindy Gay said...

I love the cards Shona!

Unknown said...

Oh Shona these are fantastic! Absolutely gorgeous projects.

Di Garling said...

These are all beautiful Shona. You really have been a busy girl. So much yumminess. Cheers Di xo

Lizzyc said...

These are beautiful.. and it is 10 weeks until Christmas!!

Unknown said...

Goodness girl, all such fabulous pieces! Really love your stunning poinsettia flower on your page and your cards look superb! Such fine details!
irascreacorner.blogspot.nl

Unknown said...

Beautiful work your so busy with scrapping..lol!