Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Flying Unicorn October Kit of Month – Journey in Time – Part 1


Hi everyone and welcome to my blog. Today I have 2 layouts to show you from the gorgeous October Kit of Month “Journey in Time”, from the Flying Unicorn. I love the Prima Craftsman collection and that is only part of the kit papers. They are so much fun to fussy cut and when you add in some of the cool add on pieces it just finishes off a layout perfectly. My first layout is called Summer Fun and I have done lots of masking, distressing and added lots of goodies. I love this photo of two of my grand kids…I have scrapped it before but Christmas is fast approaching and my kids all get albums for gifts.

 One of the add ons comes with this fabulous mask from crafters workshop and I have done some in the background with molding paste and mists. The large gears are fussy cut from the collection papers and the smaller canvas gears are in the Embellishment add on.


The flowers are in the main kit and the Flower add on. The clock is fussy cut from the G45 papers in the Paper add on.


My next layout I have used the same collection from Prima. The photo is my grandson when we went to this historic steam mill last month. He got to ride in the lil car, with help of course, but that was so cool for him.

 
I used one of the new Prima masks from the Flying Unicorn store for the background. I brushed on some of the Pan Pastels from the Embellishment add on, first time I have used them and they are too cool!

 Even these cute little gear rub ons come in the kit.


This kit always comes with an Off The Page project to do and this month I got the letters LOVE. I have covered them with Prima Romance Novel papers from the Flying Unicorn store.



I did lots of distressing on them and added in some flowers, ribbon and Dusty Attic chippys.

 

Well that it for today. I will be back in a couple of days with part 2 from this months kit.  Hurry on by the Flying Unicorn store to grab your kit …they go fast. Have a great week everyone!  Feel free to leave me some scrappy love comments, I love reading them ...take care and happy scrapping
 

10 comments:

Unknown said...

You and papers work miracles together Shona! Such wonderful projects these are, what a fine use of those marvellous papers again!!
irascreacorner.blogspot.nl

Unknown said...

I love the love so sweet and the pages are beautiful as always..
byeeeeee,Lean

Keren Tamir said...

Shona these are just so absolutely stunning I'm speechless.

Cindy Gay said...

Wow that "off the page" project is great, especially the "V". Love the layouts and grandkids photos too!

FiKenward said...

Stunning work Shona, that layout are gorgeous with all that details and the letters would be such a beautiful accent to a home, beautiful.

Carole Wright said...

wow what amazing layouts, love all the distressing and all the details. That LOVE is gorjuss.

Unknown said...

Absolutely gorgeous, as always

Bellaidea said...

Such a beautiful work you have for us today!.Best regards, have a great weekend!

Anonymous said...

Your grandbabies are so beautiful as are you layouts! Love your Craftsman.....

Di Garling said...

Beautiful Shona. Di xo