Thursday, October 18, 2012

My Birthday Girl **Green Tara**


Hi everyone and welcome to my blog. This is my 2nd post for Green Tara and I am so excited to be part of their fabulous Design Team. I squealed with delight when my Green Tara happy mail arrived and this is two new layouts I have created. The first one is called “Sweet as Candy” and both of these photos are my grand daughter on her birthday this year.


The new heirloom silk and organza teal flowers are oh so yummy and I have tucked in some roses and hibiscus flowers. I have added touches of gesso to them for a more rustic look as this layout has that look to me with the burlap and natural Dusty Attic chippys.  

I have also used some of the new velvet leaves. They just finished off the bloom clusters perfectly. Green Tara also carries a huge selection of ribbon and I am in LOVE with this natural jute ribbon.

For the main bloom cluster I have added in a flower spray and that twine bow is actually Green Tara paper string.

My next layout is titled “Incredible You”. I was going for a negative space look to really focus on the gorgeous flowers and lace, and of course my gorgeous grand daughter hehe.

My main focus flowers on this layout are the new Aster Batik Sunset flowers. They are just so gorgeous and the colors are amazing. Once again I have used the new velvet leaves to finish off the flower clusters.

This is the main cluster and you can see the adorable white cherry blossoms and the new rain forest velvet and organza butterfly tucked into the top of the cluster.

Green Tara also carries gorgeous lace trims and they are so delicate and intricate it is amazing. I have used two strips of the same lace here.



Well that is it for me today, thank you so much for stopping by. I have posted below all the yummy Green Tara products used for both creations. Don’t forget to “follow” us on our Facebook page, and stop by the blog too....there is always lots of Green Tara inspiration here and there.



“Sweet as Candy” Green Tara Products Used:
1.5cm Roses White CODE: FDR003Wh
 “Incredible You” Green Tara Products Used:







10 comments:

gracescraps@gmail.com said...

Shona, these pages are amazing!! Love your work showcasing the Green Tara!! Love the grungy distressed details!! ~ Blessings, Tracey

http://gracescraps.blogspot.com/

Keren Tamir said...

gorgeous pages!! love the mixed media techniques!!

Unknown said...

wow amazing stunning my friend !!!!

hugs carla

Cindy Gay said...

Especially like the background papers in the top layout.

Linda Pekrul said...

Love all the texture and technique you have put into these. Beautiful!!

Sandi Clarkson said...

These are so very gorgeous! Love the textures!

Unknown said...

Shona these layouts are absolutely stunning. Love them all :)

Lizzyc said...

These are so beautiful.. love all the pretty embellies you have used.. really love the second layout!!

Unknown said...

Cool pages both of them with sweet pictures.
byebye,lean

Unknown said...

Wonderful pages Shona, always love your tremendous fine use of different materials!
irascreacorner.blogspot.nl