Friday, October 12, 2012

Flying Unicorn October Kit of Month – Journey in Time – Part 2


Hi everyone and welcome to my blog. Today I have 2 layouts to show you from the gorgeous October Kit of Month “Journey in Time”, from the Flying Unicorn. For my first layout I have used the Scrap Cake papers in the kit. These papers are fun and this is actually my fav layout with this kit. I used a case file from CSI to create this one. I did lots of distressing, fussy cutting, stamping and masking.

I used some Prima masks in the background with some molding paste. I also did some random messing stitching on this layout.

The white swirl also comes in the kit but is green…I used some paints to color it.

Close up of the yummy flowers.

My last layout for today I have used the Prima Craftman papers and LOTS of the embellishments in the kit and add ones.

This mask comes in the add on and is great for background texture.

I have used lots of the cogs, bead swirls, the metal butterflies and canvas pieces in the background. Lots of gesso and mists to finish it off.  This was a fun and different layout for me….no flowers! Eeeek LOL!

Well that it for today. Don’t forget to swing by the FlyingUnicorn store for all your scrappy needs…and the forums for lots of fun challenges monthly. Have a great weekend everyone!  Feel free to leave me some scrappy love comments, I love reading them ...take care and happy scrapping J

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Shona these layouts are just wonderful. And I just LOVE the layout of your boys having fun on the bike! The background is amazing!

Dianne H said...

Wonderful layouts Shona. Especially love the first one and in awe of the second one with the super artsy effects. Very inspiring.

Evgenia Petzer said...

ah-ha-ha! absolutely love teh 2nd layout! so funny! and masculine:)

great job!

Di Garling said...

Looooove these Shona, especially the boy one. Great background too. Cheers Di xo

Dana Tatar said...

Awesome layouts Shona! I love how your photos seem to pop off the page! Thanks for the inspiration! =)

Unknown said...

Cool pages you have made both of them.

Keren Tamir said...

fantastic LOs and Mixed Media Techniques!!