Monday, October 29, 2012

Fabscraps Marie Antoinette Collection


Hi everyone and welcome to my blog. Today I have 2 new layouts that I have created with the yummy Fabscraps Marie Antoinette Collection. This collection is so delicate and delicious! My first layout is called “Shining Star” and this is my adorable grand daughter. I got inspiration from a fellow scrapper Marilyn Rivera for this layout …she is a super talented lady and you can find her blog here. There is lots of punch work, distressing and inking on this layout.

I have used the collection feather chippys as leaves and tucked them into the flower clusters.  Paint the chippy feathers with white gesso and spray with some glimmer mists. After this dried I added some clear crackle paint to them. I also tucked in some of the Metal Fabscraps Embellishments.

The butterflies are punched from the scraps…gotta use up all those tiny yummy pieces, hehe! Add some flowers, bows and paint spatters and you are done.

My next layout is called “Flower Girl” and this is my cutie pie niece. The hearts and banners are all fussy cut from the collection papers.

For the hearts I fussy cut them, inked the edges and added some pop up adhesives and gauze between the layers. I have finished them off with some twine bows and some Metal Fabscraps Embellishments.

This collection comes with so many gorgeous chipboard pieces and I have used the title and feathers on this one. The title is just painted with gesso and I added some glimmer mist.

One last close up of the feathers used as leaves in my flower cluster.

I also created one more layout earlier this month with this collection for a reveal at The Color Room. The title and frame are from the collection chippys and I did lots of background masking on this one.

Thanks for stopping by today, make sure to stop by Fabscrpas  Facebook page and show us what you are creating. Have a fantastic week! Take care and happy scrapping!


“Shining Star” Fabscraps Products Used:
 
FabScraps Marie Antoinette paper range: C53 004/007/008
Die Cut Chipboard DC53 010 (the two larger feathers only)
Fabscraps Metal Embellishments
 
“Flower Girl” Fabscraps Products Used:
 
FabScraps Marie Antoinette paper range: C53 004/005
Journal Die Cut Book MC53 001
Die Cut Chipboard DC53 010/024
Fabscraps Metal Embellishments

17 comments:

SusieJ said...

Wonderful, delicate LOs Shona.
Hugs xx

Lizzyc said...

Ohh these are so beautiful.. so pretty and feminine... always love your creations!!

Unknown said...

These are all amazing, Shona,! Looks like a beautiful collection!

Unknown said...

Gosh, these are amazingly beautiful again Shona, love how you curled up your pages and your fine DIY embellies like the hearts, so pretty!
irascreacorner.blogspot.nl

Sandi Clarkson said...

Hey, there, gf! Don't you just love Marilyn's layouts? She has such a creative mind. Kind of like yours!!! These pages are so so gorgeous .. I feel like I could just become part of the first one .. just mesmerizing! Looks like I am going to have to go shopping!

Dana Tatar said...

Wow Shona! Totally stunning work as usual! ;) Great use of color and fabulous design work here. Thanks for the inspiration! =)

Sarah-R said...

wow, gorgeous Shona - your LOs are stunning and I love this collection!

Unknown said...

Beautiful pages you have made again!
byeeee,Lean

Cindy Gay said...

Beautiful borders and backgrounds.

Marilyn said...

So Gorgeous pages Shona!! and your DGD is a cutie pie!! Thanks! this is an honor for me ;) Love all them..Wonderful work! ;)

Cynthia Lloréns said...

Hi Shona you always do such a amazing work!!!I love everything you do.
I will like to make a invitation , so can you write to me.
cynthia.renaud@gmail.com.
Hugs and kisses from Brazil
Cynthia

Di Garling said...

Love them all Shona. Beautiful. Cheers Di xo

ingrid said...

they ALL look gorgeous Shona!! xxx

Unknown said...

wowza STUNNING !!!

hugs carla

Vicky Alberto said...

really gorgeous sweetie!

Heather Jacob said...

OMG Shona ... words fail me !!! stunning with a capital "S" xoxo

Eila Sandberg said...

Totally with ya re Marilyn, awesome lady! These are all absolutely beutiful Shona, my fave is the first one. Totally delightful and so full och gorgeous details! Have a beautiful week darling! xoxo