Saturday, May 26, 2012

Create – TCR – CT Flying Unicorn


Happy Saturday everyone! Well I am laid up at home with a hurt back..grr..it is frustrating to say the least, BUT I did get lots of scrapping done, since pretty much all I can do is sit around hehe. For this layout I have used this weeks palette and sketch from The Color Room. I also wanted to incorporate in a journal section about creating, for Maggi’s challenge at the Flying Unicorn…so…I chose a photo from one of the wineries I visited last weekend. They had very cool outside statues and I loved the Harp with the Arms on it. I used Prima papers, Prima and Manor House Flowers and some Dusty Attic..all available at the Flying Unicorn store.
 



I used lots of layers, some are distressed, punched and inked. I did some stamping behind the flower clusters.

I also used some gesso and mists in the background. Here is a close up of the saying. There is something to be said about creating something beautiful with your hands…even when there is a storm in your mind.

One more close up of the large cluster…yes with my DH gauze in there hehe!

Well that is it for today…I will be back soon!. Thanks again for stopping by and I hope that you have a fantastic weekend.  Feel free to leave me some scrappy love comments, I love reading them ...take care and happy scrapping J

13 comments:

Sandi Smith said...

So beautiful Shona...hope you feel better soon!

Debbi Tehrani said...

Wow! This is really beautiful with all its textures and layers, and what a striking photo! Love the depth you've created with the stamping and addition of the gauze under the flowers. Just gorgeous!

Hope your back feels better soon!

Unknown said...

beautiful page you have made lovely photo..cool layers.
byebye,Lean

Denise said...

This is gorgeous!!! Beautifully done as always!!

Belinda Basson said...

love the fact that you also used Prima's packaging, they always make it so pretty and I do the same!

FiKenward said...

This is lovely Shona, so soft and grungy at the same time.

Linda Pekrul said...

Gorgeous page Shona. I always forget about stamping behind the flowers, which is crazy because I LOVE the effect! Glad you can still scrap while you're recuperating. Get better soon!

Lizzyc said...

wow, this looks amazing!!

Cindy Gay said...

This is very cool! I am so sorry about your back........hope you feel better soon!

Unknown said...

A super super cool page again Shona, what a brilliant idea to stamp behind the flowers, looks awesome! Hope your back is much better now? Take care!

ingrid said...

love the stamping and the layering! beautifully done Shona! hope you feel better soon....take care! HUGS

Unknown said...

beautifully scrapped! such great papers and colors and layering

hugs carla

Fern said...

Oh Shona, this is gorgeous... hurt back or not... you've created a masterpiece!!! I love all of your layers!!! Get better soon... Hugs!!