Sunday, May 13, 2012

Happy Mothers day!


Happy Mothers Day everyone! My kids all called me today to wish me a great day…and my dogs did too LOL! Today I have 2 layouts to share. Both using new Prima collections. My first layout is made using the sketch and theme at Once Upon aSketch. I have choosen a photo of me and my daughter, since the theme for this sketch is “Mum”. My journaling reads…..”when I count my blessings, I count you twice” Of course I feel this way about all my kiddys..human an dog hehe.


I have used Nature Garden collection and the photo is at the Grand Canyon, beautiful area. The leaves are stamped and then fussy cut from the papers.

I used some Prima canvas banners and added some fussy cut pieces to them. I then finished it off with some twine and liquid pearls.

Last close up is the flower clusters and I have added in some of the collection chippys.

My next layout is of my grand daughter and I have used the Prima Bap sketch. As you can see I have wandered a bit away from the sketch, BUT that is the whole idea of a sketch to me. It gets me started and I can follow it closely or can chose to go in my own direction once I get going…..which is what I did this time LOL! I am running a “circles” challenge at the Flying Unicorn this month so I will use this as inspiration.

I fussy cut all the circles and inked the edges. The rosettes are all made by hand and I added some of the collection chippys to the tops of them. My wish list is the TH Rosette die...one day I will get it LOL!

I used a mask and gesso to do the leaves on the top.

There is lots of fussy cutting on this layout and I have finished it all off with a Dusty Attic Sweet Pea vine, inks and liquid pearls.

Well that is it for today! Once again I wish everyone a Happy Moms Day!  All supplies used for these layouts are available at the Flying Unicorn store. I hope that you all have a fantastic week! Feel free to leave me some scrappy love comments, I love reading them ...take care and happy scrapping J

15 comments:

aina said...

Totally gorgeous, both of them...you know I love your style ;-)) Banners are so cute!!
Wish you a great Mothers day, in Norway Mothers day is the second sunday of february :-))

Cynthia Lloréns said...

STUNNING !!!!!!!!!!!!Amazing..you always do such a perfecrt work!!!
I love all your pages they look gorgeus !!!!
Have a wonderful day and a perfect week!!
Love you a lot sweet !!!
Big huges and kisses
Cyndi

Cindy Gay said...

Nice direction in the photo of you and DD. Neat embellies in the bottom layout. Happy Mother's Day!

Vicky Alberto said...

totally fabulous, love the creativity in the moments layout!

Jasmine S said...

Your work is so beautiful. I love your distressing and inking. Such beautiful details. Thanks for joining in at OUAS :)

Unknown said...

beautiful pages you have made with so many to see.
byebye,Lean

Scraps of Elegance said...

I adore all the bits and pieces of elements in your pages Shona. Lovely photo of you and your daughter (a treasure and blessing indeed).

Bente Fagerberg said...

Delicious work!! Love the pretty details as always.
Thanks for joining us again at OUAS!!

Unknown said...

Two totally fabulous LOs Shona, love your journalling, so sweet! Your brilliant eye for detail is amazing!! Your rosette LO is a stunner, my my!

Unknown said...

Sorry, I forgot: hope you had a wonderful Mother's Day!!!

ANUPAMA CHOUDARY said...

The picture looks amazing and your page gorgeous, as always!

Georgia Heald said...

Just beautiful Shonna. Gorgeous details and layers and I just love these colors! Thanks for playing along with us at OUAS =)

FiKenward said...

You've done a beautiful job on both of those layout, so many gorgeous details to admire.

Jeni O'Connor said...

Shona I don't know where to start. Your scrapping just gets more and more creative and inspiring. I just adore that circle lo. It's awesome. Love your Mum page, great journal note. Thanks for joining in the challenge.

Natalie Elphinstone said...

Gorgeous layouts, and I love the quote you've used on the first one. So special :-) Thanks so much for sharing it with us at Once Upon a Sketch.